The Dark Knight Rises

annericelover

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*shrugs* Examples of movies with Rise in the title in the last year or so? I honestly don't remember any.

So, my bet is that the movie features the mob, Scarecrow, and Talia for the big bads.

And if the rumor of Marion Cotillard being offered the later or Selina is true, I seriously hope she accepts and think she could do amazing the role. The following video illustrates why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLX-Ko7XMis

• 2 weeks later...
Deadline Hollywood reports “The Dark Knight Rises” will feature two female leads – a romantic interest for Bruce Wayne and a villain.

I’m long on record regarding who I want the next villain to be. And I think we can agree that Catwoman fits a little better in the Nolan Bros.' Batverse than does Poison Ivy.

According to Deadline, the six actresses meeting writer-director Christopher Nolan about these two roles are said to be:

Anne Hathaway

Keira Knightley

Blake Lively

Natalie Portman

Naomi Watts

Rachel Weisz

So no Amy Adams, Rachel McAdams, Kate Beckinsale, Emily Blunt, Elizabeth Banks, Evangeline Lilly, Maggie Grace, Lucy Liu or Sean Young.

This would seem to fly in the face of News Corp.'s Aug. 26, 2009 bullshit report indicating Megan Fox had somehow already locked up the Catwoman role.

Lively plays Hal Jordan's love interest Carol Ferris in “Green Lantern,” so that’s kind of weird. And Portman plays the love interest in "Thor," so that's kind of weird too. But Ryan Reynolds and Chris Evans are playing multiple roles in the funnybook movies, so maybe not.

Find all of Deadline’s exclusive on the matter here.

Source - Aint it Cool

There was a rumour earlier about Weisz being a baddy in the next Bond. Maybe the rumours got mixed up. She could play and awesome Talia Ghul....

Anny Hathaway as Joker's Daughter Duela Dent. ;)

Seriously, Hathaway and Watts are the most preferable on that list, too many of these people are already in current superhero franchises, it's just going to get confusing. Rachel Weisz would be an interesting Talia though.

I agree with pretty much all of that. Weisz as Talia would be epic.

It could be Ivy, that guy is just saying Catwoman 'fits' better in the Nolanverse. It could be Talia and Selina isn't even in it. This is going to be the final one though, so I can't see them setting up a future villian, ie having Selina as Selina and just teasing Catwoman.

I like the idea of Weisz in this, but I'd much prefer to see her playing a Villian to Craigs Bond.

As shown in the beginning of TDK, Batman can now take Scarecrow down in about five minutes.

Well, to be fair, the second one took place a couple of months after the first one. So Scarecrow could have been out for months making a name for himself as a drug dealer during this time. And only when Batman got some info about where he was going to be, was he able to take him down.

As shown in the beginning of TDK, Batman can now take Scarecrow down in about five minutes.

Well, to be fair, the second one took place a couple of months after the first one. So Scarecrow could have been out for months making a name for himself as a drug dealer during this time. And only when Batman got some info about where he was going to be, was he able to take him down.

Hell, the Joker specifically said it's been a year to the crime bosses.

I'm talking fight time. Any battle with a non-meta-human Poison Ivy would probably end pretty quick IMO.