Recent purchases

Missy

These are all the games I've either purchased or came into possession of within the last few weeks.

PC

Half-Life 2

RollerCoaster Tycoon 3

PS2

Ratchet & Clank

Primal

Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry 2

Def Jam: Fight for NY

Xbox

Freedom Force

Halo 2

GameCube

P.N.03

Now list yours.

PS1

Final Fantasy Chronicles

GBA

Sword of Mana

Harvest moon

PC

Final Fantasy XI-Chains of Promathia

Wow. I haven't gotten many games In the last few months. Hopefully I'll get a few for Christmas.

P.S. - Does anybody know the release date (if its even coming out) for the PC version of Halo 2

P.S. - Does anybody know the release date (if its even coming out) for the PC version of Halo 2

It's not even listed on IGN, so it might be a very long while. Especially when you consider that it took just about two years for Halo to finally make the transition from the Xbox to the PC.

Speaking of which, Microsoft can fuck off for all I care. They freaking sacrificed all non-RTS, RPG or FPS gaming on the PC for that stupidly huge box, and then make a decent-at-best looking game run slow as molasses to help their buddies at nVidia out because they overestimated the worth of pixel shaders. Also, the first Halo, while one of, if not the, best console based shooter ever, wasn't much better than average on the PC.

Seriously only two major publishers care about the PC market, and one of those companies is so fucking evil I would dance in the streets if they collapsed tomorrow. The other sells a shitload of games despite having a very small library.

Anyway, I haven't puchased anything since September (been kind of a rough semester). I'm due for a binge after Christmas.

I'll definitely snag at some point:

Sid Meier's Pirates!

Half-Life 2

NFSU 2

Speaking of which, Microsoft can fuck off for all I care. They freaking sacrificed all non-RTS, RPG or FPS gaming on the PC for that stupidly huge box, and then make a decent-at-best looking game run slow as molasses to help their buddies at nVidia out because they overestimated the worth of pixel shaders. Also, the first Halo, while one of, if not the, best console based shooter ever, wasn't much better than average on the PC.

Seriously only two major publishers care about the PC market, and one of those companies is so fucking evil I would dance in the streets if they collapsed tomorrow. The other sells a shitload of games despite having a very small library.

Anyway, I haven't puchased anything since September (been kind of a rough semester). I'm due for a binge after Christmas.

I'll definitely snag at some point:

Sid Meier's Pirates!

Half-Life 2

NFSU 2

Name names, as I have no idea which companies you are talking about.

Vivendi Universal Games (notably publish Blizzard and Valve) - Wouldn't care if they shut down because Valve is more or less publishing their own games now (and winning the court case surrounding it) and Blizzard could very easily find a new publisher, or just go Valve's route. Also, Vivendi sucks.

The other is Rockstar Games. One of the more profitable publishers, despite having only released like 2 games in the past year (GTA:SA and Red Dead Revolver).

EDIT: I guess Atari does too. But its hard to tell sometimes.

EDIT Redux: Make that 3 for Rockstar, forgot about Manhunt. It'll be 4 once Midnight Club 3 is released.

Vivendi Universal Games (notably publish Blizzard and Valve) - Wouldn't care if they shut down because Valve is more or less publishing their own games now (and winning the court case surrounding it) and Blizzard could very easily find a new publisher, or just go Valve's route. Also, Vivendi sucks.

They can shut down when and ONLY when there are more Metal Arms games.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
I just got Guild Wars on Tuesday, finally.  I get the feeling that it shouldn't have taken me 2 days to get to the Searing, but whatever, it's a lot of fun.

Well, it depends what your level was. Lots of people are looking to rush right through Pre-Searing and get through at, like, level 3. You're much better off waiting to lvl 6-8 to get through the Searing, so you won't be killed left and right.

Back on topic, my most recent purchace was Advance Wars: Dual Strike about a week ago. I haven't been able to stop playing it. I stay up till 1:30 every night playing the game and also smuggle it into school to play during study hall and lunch. It's been cutting into my valuable Guild Wars time, but damned if it isn't like electronic crack... can't put it down.

I bought Pokémon Emerald a couple weeks ago. I think I'm going to write a review of it for the mainpage once I play through it all. It's still the basic game engine as the ones before it, but there are a lot of great additions and it's every bit as addicting as its predecessors. So, it won't be a total waste of time... :P

I get paid tomorrow, so I'll likely buy a new copy of Smash Bros. Melee (sold my other one months and months ago) and some other game that I haven't decided on yet. Maybe a Guilty Gear edition...

EDIT: Oops, I also bought a DS and Super Mario 64 DS at that time.