Things that changed our lives forever

JackFetch

I have no idea on this one... our technology is going that fast that every 5 years it's something new... Computer -> Spreadsheet/Word Processor -> GUI -> Internet -> iPod -> DVR -> Wireless Networking -> Smart Phones -> ???

Something non personal computing based, I would have to say is plastic money. Some of us still remember a time when it was either actual money or cheques that were the only way to pay for things. Then came EFTPOS then credit cards became more accessible and with the internet made electronic funds transfers the norm.

Someone make a thread and I might be tempted to prove it.

I really hope the process of obtaining this proof involves trial by hammer. If the hammer smashes the console it was badly made. If the hammer bounces off the console is a witch and we burn it.

How dare you liken this to the witch hunts!

:)

Someone make a thread and I might be tempted to prove it.

I really hope the process of obtaining this proof involves trial by hammer. If the hammer smashes the console it was badly made. If the hammer bounces off the console is a witch and we burn it.

How dare you liken this to the witch hunts!

:)

Well met, sir. Well met, indeed.

Getting away from the Internet, the video game Xenogears impacted my life a good deal. It is 12 years old now, but still my favorite game ever. It got me into drawing for a good while there. Its soundtrack is still, to me, the most brilliant score ever produced for any popular media. I still want to learn to play the piano because of it. And of course, it got me to buy more RPG's and eventually the PS2, which springboarded me to all other systems I've owned. My longtime e-mail address is a double tribute to the game ("xenomaster" and the number "17" are both allusions to the game) I've spent god knows how much money on video games directly or indirectly because of how much I loved Xenogears.

Getting away from the Internet, the video game Xenogears impacted my life a good deal. It is 12 years old now, but still my favorite game ever. It got me into drawing for a good while there. Its soundtrack is still, to me, the most brilliant score ever produced for any popular media. I still want to learn to play the piano because of it. And of course, it got me to buy more RPG's and eventually the PS2, which springboarded me to all other systems I've owned. My longtime e-mail address is a double tribute to the game ("xenomaster" and the number "17" are both allusions to the game) I've spent god knows how much money on video games directly or indirectly because of how much I loved Xenogears.

I'm interested in what your thought on Xenosaga were then.

I'll admit, if not for Sailor Moon, I would not have become a fan of anime. I had a second resurgence of interest in the dub when I was in High School and start picked up an Anime magazine because of that which lead to me getting Evangelion and X The Movie from the Library which made me want to watch more of the stuff.

If not for the comically slow internet connection at my Jr. High, I would not have started getting results from the old rajahwwf.com (it loaded all the results in one page whereas the old WWF site took forever.)

If not for Rajah, I would have never found the Oratory

If not for the Oratory and it's (for the most part) intelligent discussion, I would have not started an "important video games" thread.

If not for that thread, I would not have been scouted for E2

If not for E2, it's possible I would not have made it into my college course (saying I've contributed audio/written content for web since I was 16 was a huge portfolio booster.)

Chain Reactions like that are one of the things why life is so fun to live, you don't know what can happen from a simple website recommendation in 8th grade.

I'm interested in what your thought on Xenosaga were then.

Disappointing in most areas, although the first game's soundtrack was brilliant (again, Yasunori Mitsuda is God). I wasn't a fan of the battle system of the second game, nor of its soundtrack (for some reason, they didn't get Mitsuda back), but the character designs were much better. So, if they had combined the battle engine and music of the first game with the character designs of the second, it would have been decent. The problem was, fans of Xenogears were expecting some kind of sequel or prequel to the Xenogears storyline, but that obviously never happened. (This is mainly thanks to Squaresoft being a bunch of fuckheads who kept the rights to the game and its characters, even though they clearly never had any interested in reviving the franchise. One of these days, I'm going to write that aticle on how Squaresoft fucked the game over when it could have been legendarily awesome.) Plus, the story of Xenosaga is so convoluted that most people just put the controller down after Episode I and never looked back.

And I own Episode III, but have never played it.