Mike's list of crazy ideas

Missy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

I'm a relatively new Doctor who fan, (Matt Smith was my first Doctor), and haven't seen The End of Time yet. However, I had a crazy theory to throw out there. It's a bit wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey but what if the girl IS Susan AND the Doctor's mom? Although now my brain is hurting just thinking about it so I apologize if it does the same to anyone else.

I was always of the opinion the woman from The End of Time was Susan. The pain and the love in the Doctor's eyes speaks volumes as far as I'm concerned, to say nothing of the fact that when Wilfred asks the Doctor who the woman was the Doctor's eyes track from the old man to Donna Noble. I mean. Come. On. It doesn't take Hercule Poirot to put those puzzle pieces together. ;)

Time Lords being able to fly. . .well I'm not sure if I buy that. But then, couldn't they pull a trick similar to the 9th Doctor in The End of the World, slowing his rate of Descent so as to essentially materialize from a great height to the ground in a manner that to the untrained observer would suggest a Time Lord had flown. That strikes me their kind of deceptive style.

• 2 months later...

The Master and The Doctor have a shared past, true, but they're clearly different men. It's been established many times that The Doctor stole the TARDIS. And as for Barbara, Ian, and Susan, I could entertain the idea if there was something -- even something small -- to back it up.

• 4 weeks later...

heres something a bit crazy. in the end of time the doctor and wilfred were saying things like "i'd be proud if you were my father" i they didn't mean, "you are my father!" but what if Wilf is the doctors dad. in the movie with the 8th doctor there was stuff about him being half human, i know people tend not to take that seriously but what if Wilfy somehow got to galifrey and knocked up momma doc? unrealistic and crazy but a guy can dream, cant he?

• 2 months later...

Episode 61: River Song is the big enemy of the fifth and sixth seasons, and has been messing with The Doctor since "Silence in the Library" / "Forest of the Dead."

- Her first appearance was titled "Silence in the Library," featuring the Vashta Nerada in space suits and a "doctor moon."

- The first two stories of the sixth season are titled "The Impossible Astronaut" and "Day of the Moon."

- The big mystery of season five was the crack in space and time, which will lead to the silence of the sixth season.

All of this cannot be a coincidence. Steven Moffat is way too smart for that; he's been seeding the clues for years, and this is the payoff.

My on-air guess was that she's The Master's daughter, but her identity doesn't really matter right now. Her role in the events leading up to the sixth season are what I'm concerned with.

Episode 61: River Song is the big enemy of the fifth and sixth seasons, and has been messing with The Doctor since "Silence in the Library" / "Forest of the Dead."

- Her first appearance was titled "Silence in the Library," featuring the Vashta Nerada in space suits and a "doctor moon."

- The first two stories of the sixth season are titled "The Impossible Astronaut" and "Day of the Moon."

- The big mystery of season five was the crack in space and time, which will lead to the silence of the sixth season.

All of this cannot be a coincidence. Steven Moffat is way too smart for that; he's been seeding the clues for years, and this is the payoff.

My on-air guess was that she's The Master's daughter, but her identity doesn't really matter right now. Her role in the events leading up to the sixth season are what I'm concerned with.

I'm going to disagree with this. First off, assuming The Silence is what caused the TARDIS to go boom in "The Pandorica Opens" then I doubt she would blow herself up. She's being too benevolent to the Doctor to be the big bad. At most, she might be a side villain if even that. That said, clueing into the same scene, when the voice says, "Silence Will Fall" look at River's face. She recognizes it.

Another thing to think about with River is who teaches her to fly the TARDIS. The first reference in TIme of Angels, she says, "It's a shame you were busy that day." The next time, in The Pandorica Opens, she says explicitly that the Doctor taught her to fly the TARDIS. So, that comes to Will Crazy Counter Theory. She was a companion of a later Doctor and teams up with him/her during a cross-doctor adventure. Alternatively, she's the companion of a previous Doctor and, for some reason, he was forced to forget her.

I have always wanted to see a cliffhanger to a series where the Doctor and the Master start to regenerate at the same time. In a different room from companions and away from anyone else. The part where you see them actually both change in to their new identity is off camera. So when the companions catch up with them they don't know which one is which. The whole next series will be the Doctor and the Master having adventures together trying to convince companions that they are who they say they are and not the other one. Would be great to see the Doctor having to play mind games with the Master.

Now the only way this would work is if the Doctor and the Master was wearing the same cloths or where naked when they regenerated but that's bit weird.

• 5 weeks later...

Although I highly doubt it's a credible idea. I like it a lot. Especially when you think about how much he flirts with her and her with him. It did really intrigue me when she kissed him and was then surprised and some what scared that it seemed to be the first time that they had done that.

• 1 month later...

As Logopolis has just been covered I thought I'd share a crazy theory I've always had about the Watcher and this seemed the place to put it.

The Watcher is the Doctor's last body. Decaying and decrepit like the Master once was. He remembers the trouble his fourth self had regenerating so travels back to make sure things run their course and merges with his previous self to maintain a perpetual loop of existence.

It was a theory I had in my late teens that I always quite liked despite it being complete and utter nonsense.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...