What the hell is going on with Green Arrow?

Missy

It made a lot of sense for Green Arrow to kill Prometheus. His city had been devastated, his adopted son maimed, and his granddaughter murdered. If Prometheus was allowed to live, there's a good chance he would do this again, as someone else brought up earlier. There should have been a reference to Dr. Light though.

Agreed.

Making Arsenal a heroin addict in the aftermath, though, is bovine feces. It's a significant part of the character's history that he beat his drug addiction. There's no reason to go back, from a storytelling perspective.

What would work better: Harper acquires some heroin because he thinks he's lost everything and it does not matter any more. The issue ends on a cliffhanger with him in tears and about to use it. The opening of the next issue sees him destroying the drug. "I beat you once. I'm not going back."

Yeah, but that would mean actually THINKING about the next arc, which would've required a writer with more common sense. So... yeah.

Read Green Arrow #1 this weekend.

Shouldn't have.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Titans 26 pencilled pages.

I'm just posting in here, as the preview has a bit about something that happened in CFJ.

I really am convinced ripping Roy's arm off and making hi a drug addict again were just crappy publicity stunts that got no attention. As this it the only book I think Red Arrow will be appearing in, and it's a team book. I'm not bad mouthing the creative team, but if DC really had a grand plan for Roy, they would have put him on the JL, or give him his own ongoing book.

Making Arsenal a heroin addict in the aftermath, though, is bovine feces. It's a significant part of the character's history that he beat his drug addiction. There's no reason to go back, from a storytelling perspective.

What would work better: Harper acquires some heroin because he thinks he's lost everything and it does not matter any more. The issue ends on a cliffhanger with him in tears and about to use it. The opening of the next issue sees him destroying the drug. "I beat you once. I'm not going back."

But regardless of what might be logical, that comes from the perspective of someone who's never known a heroin addict.

There has never, in my experience, been a person who has beat heroin have a bunch of heroin in front of them only to flush it. Doesn't happen.

But regardless of what might be logical, that comes from the perspective of someone who's never known a heroin addict.

There has never, in my experience, been a person who has beat heroin have a bunch of heroin in front of them only to flush it. Doesn't happen.

I'm inclined to agree. My father was an alcoholic for a decade, and he never even looks in the direction of it, because he knows that if he did, he'd never stop. Besides Arsenal's never been a flawless character.