Best Video Game Console

This really should be a straight up battle between classic Nintendo, original Playstation and original X-box. I voted Mega Drive higher than any classic Nintendo personally but I played that one a lot more as a kid.

Except the original Playstation is fourth in the seeding right now. X-Box is ranked seventh. Wouldn't be much of a battle.

PS3 was a close #9 for me. I wouldn't object to expanding this tournament to a 12 or 16-seeded tournament.

It is 16. I made the foolish assumption that if everyone picked eight, the spread would be enough to seed for 16. Right now, we have exactly that, but only because Des pulled out a lot of unique picks. These are the seeds as they stand right now.

1) PS2

2) NES

3) SNES

4) PSone

5) X-Box 360

6) N64

7) X-Box

8) Genesis/Mega Drive

9) Dreamcast

10) Wii

11) Atari 2600

12) Master System

13) Gamecube

14) Intellivision

15) Colecovision

16) Turbo Grafx 16

If it stays like that at the end of the month, then a few changes are going to have to be made to the bottom five so that the opening rounds aren't complete pushovers.

1. Master System

You cannot possibly think that the Master System is the greatest game console of all time. It's impossible.

Also, handhelds don't count, so you need to replace the GBA.

1. Master System

You cannot possibly think that the Master System is the greatest game console of all time. It's impossible.

It was the first one I played as a kid, so it holds a special place for me. I still remember the games on it, like Shinobi, which I thought was awesome, Donald Duck and the case of the lucky dime, Wonder Boy in Monster Land, and Alex the Kidd, the game that came with the console, and of course Sonic. It didn't matter than it was inferior to the NES, I had a Master System, and that's the one I played, so it's awesome to me.

Also, handhelds don't count, so you need to replace the GBA.

I'll move everything up one then, making it an even 8. The Wii's at the bottom as I'm just not as interested in it as I thought I would be.

I'll count it, but as a reminder to everyone, this isn't a "favourite" tournament. That would limit everyone's reasoning to "I like it more" and there would be nothing to debate. If you think you have a valid argument that the 3DO was more important, had better games, and superior hardware to the X-Box 360, for example, that's fine, but be ready to defend your position when the time comes.

I think that's going to be everyone. These are the 16.

PS2

SNES

NES

PSone

N64

Genesis

X-Box

X-Box 360

Wii

Dreamcast

Master System

Atari 2600

Gamecube

Saturn

Neo Geo

Playstation 3

If no one is majorly opposed, I'm replacing the Intellivision with the Saturn. I appreciate the classics as much as anyone, but the Saturn will put up a (slightly) bigger fight.

I should have the rules and brackets up by tomorrow.

If you could put Genesis/Mega Drive, that would make me happy. But that's because I prefer the name Mega Drive.

Other than that, I agree with the list, and happy to see how this pans out, considering we have pretty much every home console we all grew up playing at some point (Or currently).