Best eBay deals and sales

Missy

Skyre mentioning that he's going to sell his PlayStation game on eBay coupled with cvskin's comments that he sold Dragonball GT: Final Bout "for $$$" got me thinking: What's the best sale you've ever made through eBay?

Additionally, what's the best deal you've ever made through eBay (as a buyer)?

For me, hands down, the best sale I ever made was when I sold my entire collection of Spawn comics (1-60-something, all six covers for issue 100, and 101 through about 108) for nearly $200. Those books are hardly worth half that.

A close second would be when I sold a Dragon's Lair collection (Dragon's Lair, Dragon's Lair II and Space Ace) for $30. Now, that isn't much, but I bought it from Toys R Us for $10. When I saw that I tripled my initial purchase price as well as how many bids it gathered, well, I ran back to Toys R Us and bought two or three more... and sold them for around $30 as well.

The best deal I ever received as a buyer is a little harder for me to remember. It might have been when I purchased around 200 issues of older Playboys for $50. My intention was to save the ones with celebrities (I collect those) and resell the rest. (However, I never bothered to put them back on eBay or purchase a classified ad in the local paper, so the box is still sitting in my house.) What was more impressive (to me anyway) than what I paid for them was that it only cost $10 to ship. I mean, a single issue of Playboy weighs in at over a pound, so multiply that by 200 and we're talking major shipping costs. But somehow the seller was able to ship it for dirt cheap.

I'm actually hoping to start using e-bay either sometime this year or early 2005. Probably won't make much, but I got alot of useless junk around here that I'll never use anymore.

I can say how much my mother actually got from e-bay, whose suppose to be the person who shows me how to use the damn thing. She sold an unopened Jet Fire transformer for somewhere around $255 I believe. Can't remember exactly how much she paid originally, but I do know she made a huge profit off of it.

Like I said in the other thread, Dragonball GT: Final Bout for Playstation 1. I never liked Dragonball, ever. I hated the show, yet a friend of mine talked me into buying this game. The game itself was a horrible, shitty fighting game, but as luck would have it, it turned out to be one of the most rarest games in America. So I sold it on ebay and got over $400 for it.

One thing that pisses me of is when people put a reserve on thier items and start the bidding far, far less then what the reserve is. I once bid an an auction that had Guilty Gear, Guilty Gear X, and Guilty Gear X2, and won it for about 50 dollars, however I did not meet his reserve. So I emailed him and told him I won, and asked him how much would he be willing to sell them for. It turns out that the fucker's reserve was set at 100 dollars. Fuck, then why start the bidding off at 10. Shit like that pisses me off. If your going to set your reserve so high, don't set your starting bid so low.

One thing that pisses me of is when people put a reserve on thier items and start the bidding far, far less then what the reserve is. I once bid an an auction that had Guilty Gear, Guilty Gear X, and Guilty Gear X2, and won it for about 50 dollars, however I did not meet his reserve. So I emailed him and told him I won, and asked him how much would he be willing to sell them for. It turns out that the fucker's reserve was set at 100 dollars. Fuck, then why start the bidding off at 10. Shit like that pisses me off. If your going to set your reserve so high, don't set your starting bid so low.

I hate that shit too. That's why I rarely bid on items that feature reserves. Nor do I ever use them when I sell.

Ha, here are my best ones...

Sell:

An engineering book that I bought for $5. Didn't need it anymore (never did in the first place), sold it for 48.50 plus shipping. Yeah, it was a freaking 70 page paperback book. Amazing that some sucker got it.

Buy:

Murmur

Reckoning

Reconstruction of the Fables of the Reconstruction

Life's Rich Pageant (in original packaging)

Document

Those are the first five R.E.M. records, from 1983, 84, 85, 86, 87. Got them for...

$17 :)