Episode 76

RSS

Homeownership, T-shirts, and a World's Finest Podcast first are mixed in with discussions of Superman's supposed death and the unwanted recruitment of a new Leaguer ("Hereafter"), The Joker's new gang and the Hawkgirl / Green Lantern relationship ("Wild Cards"), and the holiday spirit and Flash's love of a rude ducky ("Comfort and Joy"). [ 2:04:28 || 57.1 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.worldsfinestpodcast.com/episodes/wfp_076.mp3

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DCAUFan1051

I absolutely loved Hereafter and Wild Cards. I've never been to thrilled with Comfort and Joy, because they broke the format of the show.

And Mike as far as Iron Man 1, they mentioned the group was The Ten Rings. I believe that the main guy did wear rings but I don't remember off the top of my head.

I've never been to thrilled with Comfort and Joy, because they broke the format of the show.

That's exactly what makes "Comfort and Joy" so great. As James said, it's the calm before the storm. We needed this quiet, fun episode before "Starcrossed" brought the League to its darkest moment.

And Mike as far as Iron Man 1, they mentioned the group was The Ten Rings. I believe that the main guy did wear rings but I don't remember off the top of my head.

You're right, I forgot about that.

finally a positive review from Mike...three, in fact

Or, one could say, "Finally a good episode of Justice League... three, in fact." I meant what I said in the show: I don't regret the low grades I've given lately, because the JL episodes haven't been that good.

o, and it's FREAKY the Snowman

Yeah, that's said in the end quote.

Also, after the show I looked it up; the thing in Optimus Prime's chest is the Matrix of Leadership. :doh:

Guest DCAUFan1051

When you guys are talking about the more human side of Batman in Hereafter, could that be Bruce breaking the Batman persona and just being a emotional person?

here's the DCAU Wiki page for Hereafter

In the Wiki page there is no mention of Hal being in the funeral.

(matrix of leadership comment removed seeing as you redeemed yourself mike)

.... oh ok Mike I haven't gotten to the Comfort and Joy review yet.

What's odd is that, as a Kyle fan, I should have been like, "That's Kyle!" But instead I saw Hal. That said, it is most likely Kyle at the funeral. However, in my defense, DCAU Kyle was modeled after Hal. Also, the Hal we see in "The Once and Future Thing" is technically from an altered reality, so if that's Hal at the funeral, it could explain why the two models don't sync up.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Also, the hair makes me think that's Hal.

even though it's a side profile you can see that there is no piece of hair jutting out like in the front of the Hal model I linked.

OK mike I can give you that. The only thing I'll point out is that in The Once and Future Thing Part II is that batman says that time is in flux and anything could change or people could no longer exist.

Thus I could surmise that John Stewart never came to earth and Hal did. So it wouldn't be an alternate reality would it?

Also, the hair makes me think that's Hal.

even though it's a side profile you can see that there is no piece of hair jutting out like in the front of the Hal model I linked.

I mean the colour. Kyle has black hair, and Hal has brown. But yeah, it's probably Kyle, cause that looks like Kyles mask in that pic.

OK mike I can give you that. The only thing I'll point out is that in The Once and Future Thing Part II is that batman says that time is in flux and anything could change or people could no longer exist.

Thus I could surmise that John Stewart never came to earth and Hal did. So it wouldn't be an alternate reality would it?

If time is changing, then yes, reality has been altered.

Guest DCAUFan1051

As far as the fact they could be Teen Titans nooooooooooooo It's The Royal Flush Gang at least one of the incarnations of them. Bad pun very bad pun.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Mike did you guys review Comfort and Joy and Wild Cards out of order? Because the DCAU Wiki and the DVDs list Wild Cards Parts 1 and 2 as the last ep before starcrossed. However imdb lists them in the order that you review them... which is right or wrong?

Mike did you guys review Comfort and Joy and Wild Cards out of order? Because the DCAU Wiki and the DVDs list Wild Cards Parts 1 and 2 as the last ep before starcrossed. However imdb lists them in the order that you review them... which is right or wrong?

"Comfort and Joy" clearly takes place after "Wild Cards." Watch how John and Shayera interact in "C&J," they're obviously dating.

Wild Cards is definitely before Comfort and Joy chronologically because John and Shayera's relationship was consummated in the former and we see their first date (first date we see in the series, not necessarily THE first date) in the latter.

As for the email about Sinestro, he wasn't so much jobbed out in the DCAU as made weaker, not unlike the Parademons between "Apokolips Now!" and "Destroyer", where they're having their asses kicked left and right by the likes of Hawk and Dove. If you'll recall in "In Brightest Day...", Sinestro kicked Superman's ass TWICE before being beaten by Kyle Rayner.

O, and the Green Lantern from Earth at Supe's funeral, it's Kyle Jordan (i.e. deliberately ambiguous)

Guest DCAUFan1051

"Comfort and Joy" clearly takes place after "Wild Cards." Watch how John and Shayera interact in "C&J," they're obviously dating.

oh ok ... yet another thing the DVD listings got wrong :-(

You're talking about the Joker infinity effect Mike that will be the art for TSOP when we get to reviewing Wild Cards

JLWCPart23.jpg

Guest DCAUFan1051

As far as J'onn knowing or not knowing Superman's secret identity ... remember he is a mind reader. Kinda like when Superman x-rayed Batman's mask in World's Finest.

First, I was wrong about when J'onn called Superman by his name. (Though I still have to believe that Clark told him his real name before they left for Smallville.) Second, and more importantly, J'onn wouldn't read a friend's mind without his / her permission.

Guest DCAUFan1051

First, I was wrong about when J'onn called Superman by his name. (Though I still have to believe that Clark told him his real name before they left for Smallville.) Second, and more importantly, J'onn wouldn't read a friend's mind without his / her permission.

But as you've said before mike sometimes J'onn hears thoughts or whatever not on purpose..... I'm not saying I disagree that J'onn wouldn't read a friends mind, but everyone slips up now and then.