Skyfall

JackFetch

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Way more typical Bondian elements with this one. Aside from Q who looks awesome in this, Craig adjusting his cufflinks after flipping off a truck, plus Javier Bordem's kind of silly look feels a bit more classic.

This looks awesome though. I will say they seem to be really going out of their way to make M look like a b'tch. TRAILER SPOILERS

she orders to shoot Bond, then yells at him when he shows up alive. What the hell?

This looks awesome though. I will say they seem to be really going out of their way to make M look like a b'tch. TRAILER SPOILERS

she orders to shoot Bond, then yells at him when he shows up alive. What the hell?

a) That was done already in Die Another Day (shudder), so there would be a pre-reboot precedent.

b) Even if there wasn't a precedent from the reboot, M & Craig's Bond have always have had a strained relationship, moreso than any other M-Bond relationship.

c) I wouldn't be quick to judge a character arc based upon a trailer. It isn't neccessarily in chronological order, even if the dialogue suggests it is.

I suppose, but it think personally for me anyway it's gotten a bit tired. I remember in your and Adham's QoS review noting how she wouldn't shut up talking bad on Bond. It may be the status quo, but I think they've been laying it on a bit too thick for it to be fresh or enjoyable. For me at least, it's getting a little annoying.

WELL, it's not gonna keep me from seeing it or anything. I'm really excited for this one. The teaser quickly grew on me as I love the slightly more slicked up nature of the film and the silhouetted shot of Craig falling. Where Bond's character's going to be in this movie plus all of the other aspects from the trailer has me jazzed more than the M stuff makes me pause.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I went to bed around 4 hours ago this wasn't in the top ten on itunes in the UK. Now it's no 3. No question this is a no 1 by the end of today. Of course, Adele's next single was going to do that anyway but the key here is the fact that this is going to get monster airplay and do huge promotional favours for the film. Such a great decision to partner with her for this.

As far as I can tell a film tie-in single hasn't been no 1 in the UK since Eminem's Lose Yourself.

I don't think it's that good. Weakest of the Craig Bond songs, as far as Bond themes go. It might be good technically, but as something that you immediately recognise as a Bond movie theme, it fails pretty miserably.

That all being said, maybe it fits with the tone of the movie really well, and I'll eat my words.

Not sure what you mean Max, the theme is actually constructed around the classic Bond theme, the chords in the background are transposed from the opening of barry's composition. Combine that with a singer capable of both great power and subtlty and it couldn't be more Bond if it tried.