Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Missy

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Leaked" final roster. Take this with a grain of salt, but this was revealed about a month ago and it's been right so far.

Originally Posted by NeoGAF users lupinko and NeoUltima

Marvel Side

-Galactus (Boss) (unrevealed)

-Taskmaster (unlock) (unrevealed)

-Shuma-Gorath (DLC) (leaked)

-She-Hulk

-Deadpool

-Captain America

-X-23

-Magneto

-Modok

-Hulk

-Spider-Man

-Dr. Doom

-Sentinel (unrevealed)

-Storm

-Phoenix/Dark Phoenix (unrevealed)

-Super Skrull

-Dormammu

-Wolverine

-Iron Man

Capcom Side

-Amaterasu

-Ryu

-Rad Spencer

-Chun Li

-C. Viper

-Hsien-ko (unrevealed)

-Jill (DLC) (unrevealed)

-Chris

-Wesker

-Dante

-Trish

-Arthur

-Felicia

-Morrigan

-Viewtiful Joe

-Tron Bonne

-Mike Haggar (leaked)

-Akuma (unlock) (unrevealed)

-Zero

Notes:

-Edgeworth and Phoenix Wright make cameos in She-Hulk's ending. I think I might be missing a character, but it's 38 for the roster.

-Yes, if you have full 5 stock bar and Phoenix dies she comes back as dark Phoenix.

• 3 weeks later...
When Marvel vs. Capcom 3 releases, rage quitting may not be a problem for long.

According to GamesRadar Capcom will be tracking player's quitting habits and who quits frequently. These players will then be placed in a separate matchmaking that will be populated with other rage quitters, meaning it will become a game of who quits first.

Personally, it sounds like a great idea to deter rage quitters, or at least keep them away from people trying to enjoy the game.

When Marvel vs. Capcom 3 releases, rage quitting may not be a problem for long.

According to GamesRadar Capcom will be tracking player's quitting habits and who quits frequently. These players will then be placed in a separate matchmaking that will be populated with other rage quitters, meaning it will become a game of who quits first.

Personally, it sounds like a great idea to deter rage quitters, or at least keep them away from people trying to enjoy the game.

I wish more games did that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah. It's a completely different engine and control scheme from the last two games, so previously experience isn't necessary.

Basically anyone that hasn't played Tatsunoko vs Capcom is going to be starting all over from here.

Alright, spent about six hours with this tonight and tried out every character. Here are my early impressions.

Captain America - Solid. Not going to rock anyone's world. He works much better as an assist character than a point man.

Deadpool - Um... yeah. He's not very good. Pitiful damage, weird mobility. Basically has to stand on the other side of the screen and hope to not get hit.

Doctor Doom - Still really dangerous. He's also the only character in the game that can dash-cancel. Top tier for sure.

Dormammu - He's a weird one. You have to do a lot of running away with him, since a lot of his moves require set-ups.

Hulk - Better than I was expecting. Works best as a throw character, but has options from far away. Looks like he may have some surprises.

Iron Man - Pretty much exactly the same as he was in MvC2. Probably the best character in the air.

Magneto - Same as MvC2, if not a little better. His Level 3 Hyper Combo is easily the best in the game. Does almost-unfair damage.

M.O.D.O.K. - Wacky. Floats and uses lots of projectiles. I can't imagine too many people using him effectively.

Phoenix - Weakest character in terms of life bar. Basically useless unless she has 5 levels of hyper meter, which let her turn into Dark Phoenix when she dies. Dark Phoenix is the best character in the game, damage-wise.

Sentinel - He's just like he was in MvC2. Cheap and easy to use. Probably the best Marvel character.

She-Hulk - Very middle of the road. Has a hard time getting in close, and that's the only place she can do damage.

Spider-Man - One of the weakest characters on the Marvel side. There just isn't much to him.

Storm - Still annoyingly powerful. Best Marvel character in the game, next to Sentinel.

Super-Skrull - Has one really really good throw move that makes him dangerous. Good defense, but slow.

Taskmaster - He's really good at defense and keep away. Not much to him, it seems.

Thor - Worst character in the game. :shakehead: None of his moves are safe and he moves like a slug.

Wolverine - High speed, high damage. His Berserker Slash is one of the most useful moves in the game.

X-23 - They really went out of their way to make her different than Wolverine, and it shows. Going to spend some more time with her and might make her one of my mains. Moves fast and hits hard.

Amaterasu - Great character. Best thing about her is her versatility. You can use her from any range and do just about anything you want. Easily my favourite character to use right now.

Akuma - They've upped his defense so that he doesn't die in five hits now, but he really doesn't have anything that the other characters can't handle.

Arthur - Dude is a projectile machine. He can just sit on the far side of the screen and keep throwing them out. Best assist character in the game.

Chris Redfield - Good at inflicting block damage. Lots of different gun attacks for different situations. Good character, just wasn't for me.

Chun-Li - Very good up close and in corners. Needs a lot of help otherwise. It's Chun-Li. No real surprises.

C. Viper - She can do focus attacks and EX moves from SF4. Effective character in the right hands, but I've never cared for her.

Dante - He's a beast. Does lots of quick, easy damage. Has a massive move list, but you only need to know about a third of them to be effective.

Felicia - She sucks. Always has.

Haggar - Strange because he's not a throw character at all. His Double Lariat can be abused and works great as an assist.

Hsien-Ko - She's slow and not very good, like the other Darkstalkers.

Morrigan - She's really good in the air. Doesn't offer much otherwise.

Ryu - It's Ryu. Throw Hadokens.

Spencer - One of the weaker ones on the Capcom side. He's basically a re-skinned version of Omega Red.

Trish - Highly mobile with a lot of projectiles.

Tron Bonne - I've never liked her and thought she was a waste of a roster slot. My opinion hasn't changed.

Viewtiful Joe - He's really weak, sadly. His cool slowdown hyper doesn't make up for his low damage and pitiful range.

Wesker - He's fucking scary. He's got a little bit of everything. Having a lot of fun using him right now.

Zero - Decent all around. Good with pressuring characters into a corner. Good hypers.