Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Missy

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

X-23 - They really went out of their way to make her different than Wolverine, and it shows. Going to spend some more time with her and might make her one of my mains. Moves fast and hits hard.

Amaterasu - Great character. Best thing about her is her versatility. You can use her from any range and do just about anything you want. Easily my favourite character to use right now.

Dante - He's a beast. Does lots of quick, easy damage. Has a massive move list, but you only need to know about a third of them to be effective.

Congrats, you just confirmed my team whenever I end up finding a way to play this.

Also, was looking online for Galactus fights, Amaterasu seems to be the character of choice for beating him.

Two pieces of advice to anyone looking to play this online.

1) Make a sandwich. You're going to be waiting a while to get matches going.

2) Don't use Deadpool. People like me have way too much fun destroying people that use Deadpool.

Well, nevermind. My girlfriend's brother has an Xbox 360, so I got to play some. :w00t:

Early thoughts:

--I'm really digging Wesker, Wolverine, X-23, Amaterasu, and Dante. I would really like to master Wesker and Amaterasu, especially.

--I need to get a joystick controller. I simply cannot pull off 90% of these moves, combos and advanced techniques with the 360 controller. And I was never good at the advanced techniques (like guard cancelling, etc.) anyway.

--Galactus is a fucking whore and can go to Hell.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently you can vote for six characters you want (three from each side) for the next round of DLC, but you have to be a member of the Capcom boards.

Options include:

Blade

Black Panther

Cable

Carnage

Cyclops

Daredevil

Dr. Octopus

Dr. Strange

Elektra

Emma Frost

Gambit

Ghost Rider

Green Goblin

Iron Fist

Juggernaut

Moon Knight

Ms. Marvel

Nightcrawler

Psylocke

Punisher

Rogue

Silver Surfer

Squirrel Girl

Thanos

Venom

Bass.EXE

Batsu

B.B Hood

Cammy

Captain Commando

Chuck Greene

Classic Mega Man

Date Masamune

Edward Falcon

Frank West

Gene

Guile

Jin Saotome

Jon Talbain

Juri

Ken

Leon Kennedy

M. Bison

Mega Man EXE

Mega Man X

Phoenix Wright

Ryu (Breath of Fire)

Sigma

Strider

Vergil

Yeah, these polls never mean anything.

Doc Oct and Frank West are already on the way. The chances of them finishing another six full characters is extremely unlikely. The only DLC I see after that is costumes, maybe tournament mode.

• 4 months later...

Fair enough.

Given the amount of time I spend on the fighting game boards, you'd be amazed at the sense of entitlement some people are having about this, like Capcom hasn't had the exact same fighting game model for 20 years now. There are people screaming that they're being forced to buy a "glorified DLC pack" that they expect to just get for free.

Capcom might have the same model, but have other fighting games changed in what's offered as DLC v a whole separate game? I could see it as a generation gap sort of thing.

In other news, if this job of mine becomes permanent, I might start saving up for a system to play this on. After I replace the 4 year old laptop.

People overestimate the capabilities of DLC, like it's some sort of magic that can change the fundamental coding of any aspect of the game at any time without any issues, and since they have the ability to download it, all of the offline users can fuck off.

The only time DLC has allowed a full version upgrade was from SSFIV to Arcade Edition, which was really just four new characters and balance tweaks, and even then, it was a HUGE file, and they still offered a disc version.

BlazBlue is already in its second major disc iteration, with another likely next year. Guilty Gear on the PS2 had EIGHT disc based variations.

They do it for a reason.