E3 2010 Rumors and news

JackFetch

I don't buy the interference excuse. They've never had that problem before. If the wii remote was prone to issues like that, they would never demo any games at E3.

The amount of digital signals at these conferences has gone up a lot just in the past year. At the last Apple conference, there were so many wireless signals that Steve Jobs couldn't even properly demonstrate the new iPhone until most of the people in the audience stopped liveblogging.

Besides, Wii Sports Resort has sword controls that are near-exactly the same, and it works great. There's no reason for Zelda to not work the same way.

I'm re watching Nintendo conference. It's not as good as I thought it was this morning.

Zelda = I have zero interest in this series since the Wii came out. I don't want to swing my arm like a LARPer to fight.

Epic Mickey = If this was on the other consoles, I'd be interested. It looks good.

Goldeneye = Nice to see it again, but why does it look so terrible? The Wii just can't do graphics very well.

Just Dance 2 = If the first one sold so many, how come me and all my friends have never heard of it?

Kirby = This game looks good.

Donkey Kong = A side scrolling game that has Donkey Kong instead of Mario. Yay?

3DS = Their whole conference should have been just on this.

Next up Sony, which I haven't seen yet.

Sony is shoving 3d down our throats like crazy. Maybe that's because they also sell TVs with 3d technology.

Killzone 3 = Looks like the last one.

Move = It's the Wii remote on steroids. There is definitely a lag in your movements, and when they show up on screen. They gave it a great price, and some games already out are going to support it.

Sorcery = Looks very simple and repetitive. Why they don't just call it Harry Potter I don't know.

Tiger Woods = Looks like it can be fun, but the Move wasn't always accurate.

Kevin Butler = The best thing they ever did was hire this guy.

Marcus = The kid from Role Models is the spokesman for PSP now? Seems pretty funny I guess. Better than the racist ads they used in the past.

PSP = I've owned two PSPs, and they both broke so I have no interest in it. It's funny that they can't admit the PSP Go is a flop.

Little Big Planet 2 = Looks a lot better than the first one. You create games now, not just levels.

PlayStation Plus = I don't understand what you get for it. Why would I want to pay for it when I can play online for free already?

Portal 2 = They tried to act like it's a PS3 exclusive, but it's not. It's coming to the 360 also.

Final Fantasy XIV = Looks good, but I want to see some actual gameplay.

Gran Turismo 5 = It's been so long I forgot why I was ever excited by it. Racing games these days all look the same to me.

Twisted Metal = Looks good. They are updating the gameplay nicely. Helicopters with guns are fun.

It was a good conference, but taking so many shots at Microsoft makes you look defensive. They even took a shot at Nintendo.

Going to finish the Microsoft conference next.

Microsoft pretty much did the same thing last year. Start with multiplatform, and then say everything from this point on is 360 only.

Gears of War 3 = Four player co-op looks fun. Otherwise it looks the same.

Fable 3 = Looks like a different game from the first two. Hopefully it won't be as buggy.

Codename: Kingdoms = No idea what this is. Big beefy oiled up warriors doesn't tell you much.

Halo: Reach = I'm the wrong person to ask about Halo games. I never played them. Looks like a FPS like the rest.

Kinect: The only thing I care about is Milo like games. I want to interact, not jump around like a moron. What happened to controlling your dashboard with your hand? Instead, it takes you to a special Kinect page that is very Wii like. I also notice the guy is keeping his hands down on purpose during the movie demo. Will you accidentally fast forward if you scratch your head?

Video Kinect = Very creepy how it tracks you as you move around. Otherwise, it's just a video chat service.

ESPN = If you are a sports fan, this is great. I hope you can watch events with your friends like you can with movies. It'll make football season really fun.

Kinectamals = The cutest thing I've ever seen. I would definitely buy this if I had kids.

Kinect Sports = the shovelware that must come with any motion control system. In fact, this should come with the Kinect.

Joy Ride = A cart racer that looks like it would be fun with a controller. It's hard to judge the gameplay without playing it.

Kinect Adventures = If you want to look really stupid while playing Kinect, this is the game for you.

Your Shape Fitness Evolved = Seems to work well. I'd probably get this. Kind of looks like a psychedelic trip though.

Dance Central = I'm sweating just watching them play this. If I could dance at all, it might be fun. I can't, so there is no point. I think this game is going to be a big seller though.

Star Wars = I want to get excited for this, but I can't. The stormtroopers just walk up and stare at you until you kill them.

Xbox 360 redesign = That thing is badass. I want one.

A good conference overall. Not a lot of surprises though, which is what most people want at E3. They wasted their money on that Sunday night Cirque du Soleil thing. That was crap. I think that brought the excitement down for their press briefing.