Choose the Western!

Dread

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I can't help you here, I've not seen any of the above films.

*prepares to be killed by everyone else* xD

To be fair, three of the four are great films. The Searchers is just over-rated. Before anyone prepares to kill me, my views may be colored by having to watch it for my Freshman Film class multiple times and having to hear how significant the blue dress is. Sometimes, a blue dress is a FUCKING BLUE DRESS! Anyway, good movies for the most part, worth a look in all cases.

I can't help you here, I've not seen any of the above films.

*prepares to be killed by everyone else* xD

To be fair, three of the four are great films. The Searchers is just over-rated. Before anyone prepares to kill me, my views may be colored by having to watch it for my Freshman Film class multiple times and having to hear how significant the blue dress is. Sometimes, a blue dress is a FUCKING BLUE DRESS! Anyway, good movies for the most part, worth a look in all cases.

I'm still considering killing you.

Hmm...10 votes already but only a few rationales...

I voted Fistful of Dollars as I feel it might be the most accessible for Megan. I really love all of those films so they will be watched eventually.

Looks like there's a clear winner already.

Des, ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA (1984) is actually a gangster picture. I believe what you mean is ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST (1968).

Having said that, I would like to place a vote for 'other' either TOMBSTONE (1993) or THE WILD BUNCH (1969). Both of which are amazing and both of which I own if you're interested.

If I have to choose from the selections, I would go with A Fist Full of Dollars. However, my suggestion for a good entry into Westerns would be High Plains Drifter. While it is more of a Weird Western than a traditional one, it has a bit of a ghost story element. I don't know about your wife, but my wife loves ghost stories which makes for a more palatable experience.