Transformers Prime

Guest TFG1Mike

Guest TFG1Mike

Orci and Kurtzman are showrunners?!?!?

This... this could seriously be good. Like, really good.

I'm of the opposite opinion..... I think that this will be a movie tie in cartoon. However I'll wait and see. They could write awesome if no one is rewriting their stuff.

I'm of the opposite opinion..... I think that this will be a movie tie in cartoon. However I'll wait and see. They could write awesome if no one is rewriting their stuff.

It might be a tie-in cartoon, but if Orci and Kurtzman are showrunners, that means that they're the ones making the decisions, not Michael Bay. And they're good writers.

Not if the Transformers movies are any indication. Star Trek didn't exactly blow me away either.

The Transformers films really aren't a good indication, since a lot of what they did was changed by the higher-ups. And if Star Trek didn't float your boat, then, well... that's weird, then. I thought it was pretty brilliant.

The Transformers films really aren't a good indication, since a lot of what they did was changed by the higher-ups.

That does explain why the higher-ups are the showrunners and not the people who wrote the films.

And if Star Trek didn't float your boat, then, well... that's weird, then. I thought it was pretty brilliant.

I didn't hate it, I just found it to be merely good.

That does explain why the higher-ups are the showrunners and not the people who wrote the films.

Orci and Kurtzman were the showrunners on Xena, and have plenty of experience working with the "higher-up" aspects of production. They were executive producers on Xena, Hercules, Alias, and Fringe. And they know a helluva lot about Transformers.

They're one of the most highly-demanded writing teams in the world at the moment; the fact that anyone so high-level is attached to a Transformers cartoon (which hasn't really gotten the royal treatment since Beast Machines) is a very good sign.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest TFG1Mike

Woah.

That's really cool.

yeah it is I'm superstoked for this Cartoon now. Although I don't much care for the character designs. They've basically mashed up Transformers Animated and Movie designs. Yuk!

• 2 months later...
Guest TFG1Mike

Bulkhead looks like he's from a completely different cartoon. The only character model I thought was really good there was Ratchet, the rest have the horrible Bayesque proportions.

They are combining Transformers: Animated and movieverse designs.

I like the robot mode of megatron. It looks like the War For Cybertron design a little.

Guest TFG1Mike

The Megatron design is brilliant in that it combines the demonic-looking movie head with the G1-style helmet.

agreed! And the other thing I like about this new cartoon is that Cliffjumper is his own vehicle not a BB repaint.

Guest TFG1Mike

As a Soundwave fan...I am disappointed.

Me too that design is crappy as all get out. I'm not sayin Soundwave has to be a cassette deck... kids these days barely know what a CD Player is. But that design is the shittiest thing I've seen in TF stuff in awhile.