Green Lantern: The Animated Series

Delete

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3ifeb8cbc990332c1c2a5aa3dbfaa57d51

Cartoon Network is planning a Green Lantern animated series.

Phil Kent, chairman and CEO of Time Warner's Turner networks unit, showed a slide with some of Cartoon Network's original programming here Thursday at TW's investor day.

It included the title "Green Lantern: The Animated Series."

Warner Bros. chairman and CEO Barry Meyer later in the day mentioned this as an example of increasing collaboration and coordination between his unit and Turner. He said the Cartoon Network show is based on the DC Comics character and Warner's "Green Lantern" movie, scheduled for a June 17, 2011 release.

The TV series is expected to launch in the second year after the film release.

He said the Cartoon Network show is based on the DC Comics character and Warner's "Green Lantern" movie, scheduled for a June 17, 2011 release.

The wording on this is confusing. Are they simply stating that GL is in an upcoming film, or that the cartoon is based on the film's continuity?

What?

I doubt they're going for something in the GL film continuity, I imagine that its going to be a series that capitalises on it and shares many traits, but doesn't force the films to conform to anything. I really hope its highly Green Lantern Corps orientated.

He said the Cartoon Network show is based on the DC Comics character and Warner's "Green Lantern" movie, scheduled for a June 17, 2011 release.

The wording on this is confusing. Are they simply stating that GL is in an upcoming film, or that the cartoon is based on the film's continuity?

They are just explaining who Green Lantern is. He's a DC Comics character, and he has a movie coming out. They aren't implying it's based on the movie continuity.

What?

I don't like them trying to get me to do math. It makes it sound like they have no idea when it's coming out.

I don't think it would be too hard to explain:

Dick Grayson shows up in front of an old teammate (let's say Starfire) in his new costume.

Starfire: Robin...?

Nightwing: No. It's Nightwing now.

Starfire: What happened? Why aren't you Robin anymore?

[shown behind a dejected Nightwing is a clip of him being fired by Batman or of him quitting.]

Nightwing: I grew up.

I don't think it would be too hard to explain:

Dick Grayson shows up in front of an old teammate (let's say Starfire) in his new costume.

Starfire: Robin...?

Nightwing: No. It's Nightwing now.

Starfire: What happened? Why aren't you Robin anymore?

[shown behind a dejected Nightwing is a clip of him being fired by Batman or of him quitting.]

Nightwing: I grew up.

Yeah, but you have to actually get people to watch the show to see that happen, and Robin's a bigger hook to generate interest.

On topic: I like the idea of GL, whichever one it might be, getting its own series. However it may be handled, it's more exposure that the recent DC events and forthcoimng movies have helped to set in motion, not to mention his past with the DCAU.

It's "based on the film," but there's no way it's actually in the film continuity; that would be sheer insanity. The "second year" is probably referring to 2012, since that will be the "second year" following the GL film.

I.E. Batman (1989) to Batman:TAS?

• 4 months later...

101007magglteaserposter.jpg

Here's your first look at Green Lantern: The Animated Series, coming to Cartoon Network in 2011. Warner Bros. Animation, which is producing the show, will preview the upcoming DC Comics adaptation for fans at this weekend's New York Comic Con at the Jacob K. Javits Center on Manhattan's West Side.

Executive producer Bruce Timm — whose infinite credits include the beloved animated series starring Batman, Superman and the Justice League — will headline the panel on Saturday at 2:30pm, alongside producer Giancarlo Volpe (Star Wars: The Clone Wars) and producer/story editor Jim Krieg (Ben 10: Alien Swarm). Following the panel, from 4:00 to 5:00pm, the team will be signing posters (with this image) at the DC Comics booth.

Source

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...