Request thread (with scores!), updates, and random thoughts

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We have a tentative schedule in mind for next year. Obviously, anything can change, though. We do know there will be three episodes with guests (Will, Ian, and Hannah).

Please keep suggesting films, though. We like having options in case things fall through.

I fully believe that you can't intentionally make a good bad movie. The problem I saw in Birdemic 2 when I saw it is that they're trying way too hard. They saw what they had accidentally done with the first one, and made a movie that is aware of how dumb it is. This is also called The Sharknado Principle. When you capture lightning in a bottle, don't plan on catching a second one, you just get Shock Treatment.

• 1 month later...

I am trying to think of a movie, that came out before 1980, that has made me angry. The closest thing I could think of was in High School when I saw the 1966 film version of  Fahrenheit 451. Mostly because while the book inspired us (the students) to question the news, read and think about what you read. The only thing that people got from the movie is that one scene where Julie Christie felt herself up.

.... however....

I am looking at the movie now and I realize that most of my rage is very unfair. Adapting a film from a novel does not mean that it must be followed to the letter. I also did not count on the fact that when I read 451 my imagination was influenced by movies like Spielberg's Minority Report or Verhoven's Total Recall.  This movie came out the same year as Star Trek TOS .

Two questions:

1. When will the Bloodrayne 2 review hit the main page Earth-2.net?
  2. How about covering Superman IV?

On some level, I would love to hear you guys rip into the 2012 "Total Recall" remake, even though it probably would not be a good choice. It was bad, but I am not sure it is Tirades-worthy bad. Plus Damien can't ever say anything negative about Kate Beckinsale. So it won't happen.

But having Barack Obama on the British pound? No. Just no. That was by far the most memorable part of that movie, because it was so annoying. I saw it with a friend and he thought he imagined it. I swear, some movies just intentionally flip the bird to conservatives.

Yeah, that's on me.  Apparently the forum upgrade deleted the original PM I sent and I never double checked.

As for Total Recall, yeah, even without the Beckinsale rule, not likely.  I couldn't imagine us ranting about Obama money.  Not to get too far into our political leanings, but we're probably the last guys you'd want to turn to if looking for conservative sympathy.

I actually kinda like Superman IV.

I was surprised they managed to show the three boobs in a PG-13 movie, but PG-13 has become pretty much meaningless. PG-13 today is what R was 20-25 years ago.

(I am an old man. Get off my lawn.)

It was clear that it was a reference to the original, but the original had a number of mutants in the story. That mutant, the only mutant in the remake that I recall, didn't fit into the movie. And it was lame that it didn't take place on Mars. I just didn't like it generally.

...On some level, I would love to hear you guys rip into the 2012 "Total Recall" remake,...

.. . I swear, some movies just intentionally flip the bird to conservatives.

that is definitely the case in a Kurt Wimmer movie . although a Tirades worthy movie of his I would recommend would be Equilibrium. A shameless knockoff of Brave New World, Farenheit 451 and choreography that in noooooo way resembles the Matrix.

I also saw the middle finger to conservatives in the transformers movies. When Will explained that one of the writers is a 9-11 conspiracy theorist, it all started to make sense.