Sign in to follow this  
D.W.

Request thread (with scores!), updates, and random thoughts

Texas Chainsaw 3D, 2013.

Synopsis: "Protagonist" was a newborn when the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre took place in 1974.

This direct sequel takes place in 2012. She is now 22 years old.

Wait. What?

If we ever do a Texas Chainsaw movie, it's going to be The Next Generation.

Ah, yes. There are a couple big-name actors who probably wish they could erase that movie from history.

Over the Top has been requested enough times that I'm actually adding it to the list of movies we'll never cover.

I love that fucking movie.

As publisher of Earth-2.net and a hardcore lover of Over the Top, I reserve the right to squash any sort of negative talk against said movie.

Over The Top is really silly, but it's a lot of fun in its own way.

I don't see a lot to rant about there.

IT IS A MOVIE ABOUT COMPETITIVE ARM WRESTLING HOW DO YOU EVEN ARTICULATE CRITICAL THOUGHTS ABOUT IT

To be fair, I originally suggested it for the cheeky shenanigans slot before or after you go through a rather hellish gauntlet since, while not an incredibly bad movie, it still is technically a bad movie but not going to argue it.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation is fucking shit beyond shit and deserves whatever comes to it.

So was A Talking Cat?!? but I would argue that Leonard Part 6 could be excused due to the it's status as being the film that every person associated with it has disowned. That said, a lot of it would be, "This isn't funny" so take of it what you will.

Kazaam is technically a comedy too, really.

I guess I'd have to watch it to see if it would work for the show.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on Chasing Amy.

Mallrats is more deserving of hatred, although that may skew into the comedy no-zone. Despite the fact Mallrats is a failure of a film, regardless of the comedy element.

The only Kevin Smith films I can see as being bad enough to deserve an entry in the Tirades are Jersey Girl and Red State. Oh, and that shitty film he directed with Tracy Morgan and Bruce Willis but the very definition of comedy.

What Women Want. While it's a romantic comedy, most of the bad shit is more than it just not being funny.

The Stepford Wives (remake). While it is a comedy, once again, it is just filled with sins, plotholes and problems that are downright migraine inducing.

There is a loophole/fix to the comedy thing that we've considered.

I absolutely hate Chasing Amy, but even if James felt the same way, there would be no way to make it work for the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JThjwajS0mk

Please feel free to share this with as many people as possible. We now have a dedicated YouTube channel and I'm going to make a concerted effort to make more of these clips to put on there. I think most people will be more inclined to watch a YouTube video than to download a 2.5-hour podcast; but our hope is this will lead to more people checking out the full shows after listening to these.