Request thread (with scores!), updates, and random thoughts

Just remember, it could be worse: One of you could have forgotten to hit record and had to completely rerecord the episode.

Apropos of nothing, but I know a film review podcast where the main host HATES repeating things that he's discussed before, just hates doing it, and it always sounds bad when he tries to.

One show where a bunch of guys had to rerecord was littered with him barely getting through points and lamenting how much he hates rerecording entire episodes. There is another that got lost to the internet dustbin, but they will not record again in part because of his issues with repeating what he had said previously, that and it was for the remake of The Blob!

Probably the most craziest thing he did, in terms of trying to avoid repeating thoughts on things and constantly having to say "well, listen to this thing I did years ago," though on the podcast was in the lead up to Man of Steel being released was to upload a series of episodes that he had done for a different podcast that led up to Superman Returns years earlier covering all of the previous Superman films. I found that crazy more so based on the idea that sometimes seeing something years later can change perceptions, especially with some knowledge of what happened in the ensuing years. Granted not much more can be said about the Superman films prior to Returns than you could prior to MoS, but it still is funny to go out of your way like that to avoid repeating thoughts that you made some 5 years earlier.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Whatever it is you're trying to link to, it's not working.

Devil is an awesomely bad movie. I still remember seeing it and it's so obvious that the little old lady was the devil. Even though he only did the story, it still reeks of Shyamalan.

Sorry about the link problems. The image I was trying to show was at a local disc replay whose refrigerator was stocked with Surge.

surge_by_kamar_al_zaman_d91j6aa_by_kamar

Edited by Rjoyadet

Whatever it is you're trying to link to, it's not working.

Devil is an awesomely bad movie. I still remember seeing it and it's so obvious that the little old lady was the devil. Even though he only did the story, it still reeks of Shyamalan.

It's predictedable as hell, I called both big twists in the first act.

And it is so fucking preachy.

True but there are few directors/writers totally void of talent. Fuck, Michael Bay directed The Rock.

You could film Sean Connery, Nick Cage and Ed Harris filing a joint tax statement and it would be entertaining. Michael Bay has as much to do with The Rock being good as the chair he sat in.

I recently came across Casper Van Dien who was encouraging guys to see him play Johnny Cage in the Mortal Kombat Legacy. I brought up The Omega Code (a movie that was on the old list, but will probably never be in the tiradesverse) and he had a look of worry. I just brought up that his character jumped on couches during talk shows long before Tom Cruise and he laughed at that.

Are direct to video mockbusters off the list? I know you guys went through Legend of Titanic so is it okay to request video Brinquedo movies like Whats Up, Ratatoing or Little Panda Fighter?

Or you could claim that you already tore them apart in your other show. It would still be cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIJkXlOzvWw

Subject aside, there are many reasons you will never hear us review an Adam Sandler movie, my sanity being the first.

He is easily my most hated actor of all time.

Subject aside, there are many reasons you will never hear us review an Adam Sandler movie, my sanity being the first.

He is easily my most hated actor of all time.

I once was invited to an Art Crawl. The person promoting it was like

"Yeah, there is going to be big name people like Kanye West and Adam Sandler."

Right then about a dozen mental red lights went off complete with the Klaxon sound effect. If anyone wants to hear people rip Adam Sandler a new one I would recommend Red Letter Media's review of "Jack and Jill."

Edited by Rjoyadet