Request thread (with scores!), updates, and random thoughts

Death from Above and Scooby-Doo! WrestleMania Mystery.

For someone who has seen about three hours of tv wrestlers in his lifetime (two of those three hours are youth rally skits hosted by Steve Borden). I was entertained hearing fans of wrestling talk about the subject.

But I also would like to see them talk about Robert Z'Dar: Movie Star!

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I posted that before seeing Scooby-Doo! WrestleMania Mystery, which I've since rectified. While it isn't awful and one scene literally had me laughing out loud (RE: the look Fred gives John Cena just before Sin Cara tells the story), I'd still suggest it just to hear what the guys have to say.

Twister. Please. Twister!

That . . . . could be interesting. In the Tiradesverse the Ben Kingsley paycheck is for a good actor in a bad movie, the Eric Roberts paycheck is for a bad actor in a bad movie. If James and Damien do review Twister would seeing someone before their award winning performances be the Philip Seymour Hoffman paycheck?

• 2 weeks later...

Having actually watched the madness of Tentacolino aka In Search of The Titanic, I cannot recommend it enough for an upcoming episode. It... it is perhaps one of the most maddening things you will see. I'm pretty positive it might be the Anti-life Equation.

Also, Warriors of the Wasteland, the movie that we watched in Chicago with the Pop-o-matic Bubble Car.

• 1 month later...

I can't remember if I've ever suggested Urban Legend but Urban Legend. It had Tara Reid, is trying too hard to rip off Scream, and has an incredibly laughable premise (person kills people using urban legends).

Plus, it gave us a sequel, Urban Legends:Final Cut, which is somehow worse. I mean, really somewhat worse. There are plot twists for no reason except to have a plot twist, stupid babble, and some of the more nonsensical dialogue and acting.

I know I've suggested Bless the Child before but I don't think I've expressed how dumb it is. It has Kim Bassinger vs a cult of goth kids who want her niece... for some reason? I dunno. It also has Christina Ricci delivering an incredibly dumb line of dialogue: "He's got this religion only it's more like the opposite of religion." No clue if that's a way of saying it's an rationalist conspiracy or if the screenwriter thought he was being clever talking about Satanism.

After Last Season. I... I still don't know what to say. Supposedly it was made for 5 million. Does not even remotely look it. The Room feels like a better put together film in contrast. This thing might even be the worst movie I have ever seen. I still have no clue what happened. Also, like 25% of the film are one-sided conversations on the phone. Apparently the distributor for the film called the four theaters that showed the film to tell them that it would be cheaper for them to just burn the prints than return them. It's very hard to find a copy, I'll tell you that. The ending... I still have no clue what they were trying to imply.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...