Blue Beetle: The Series?

Koete

From Geoff Johns' Twitter:

BLUE BEETLE NEWS from DCE!! We have a live-action test of Jaime Reyes' scarab activating his suit. It. Is. Awesome.

Blue Beetle's going to appear in most of the Brave and the Bold's this year and we're hoping to develop a live-action show. Fingers crossed!

If I can break it out of the vault, I'll bring it to SDCC. LIVE ACTION BLUE BEETLE!!

I think it'd be cool if they skewed young. Like a 12 year old Jaime. Makes sense for the character and would be a little different from the usual DC fair.

God, you'd have to get a really great actor in the role to make that work. Plus you'd completely cut off the older viewing audience because his potential love interests would also only be 12 to 14. There's a reason Smallville started in High School. I'm not saying your wrong about what would make the better series, just that historically 15+ is the age of lead character that draws the biggest audience.

God I hope this isn't just another Smallville. ie I want to be able to watch and enjoy it.

This reminds me a lot of the Ben 10 live-action movies they've been making over at Cartoon Network. They're both about a teenage guy who gets a small super-advanced alien device that turns him into an alien warrior. It would seem to fit their demographic, too.

How was the show, if you've watched it.

• 2 weeks later...