Episode 80

RSS

Starfire accidentally travels to a future where the Titans have disbanded ("How Long Is Forever?"), Beast Boy is abducted by a childlike alien ("Every Dog Has His Day"), a rock-controlling teen debuts ("Terra"), Cyborg learns his limits ("Only Human"), Raven deals with her fear ("Fear Itself"), and Robin is forced to go to the prom ("Date with Destiny"). [ 1:43:17 || 47.4 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.worldsfinestpodcast.com/episodes/wfp_080.mp3

yeah Date With Destiny is one of the best episodes of the series. A perfect embodiment of everything that makes this show fun: wildly inventive unpredictable story that meshes superhero cliches with teenage drama tropes, gorgeously animated fight scenes and hilarious poses/facial expressions, and just an all around zesty, entertaining package that is everything this show is supposed to be. i feel like calling it out for being absurd is pretty much missing the entire point. that's what this series is all about.

Guest TFG1Mike

why does the Terra episode remind me of "Growing Pains" from BTAS.... granted it's very different from what you guys say, but I can see the similarities between Terra and Annie.

Terra=Annie

Slade=Clayface ..... as far as the roles.

.... also there are now 3 alternate personalities to Mike in WFP.... Stoner, Mophir, and now Kid Mike when he was talking about the villain in The Cyborg ep being on the video game thing.

why does the Terra episode remind me of "Growing Pains" from BTAS.... granted it's very different from what you guys say, but I can see the similarities between Terra and Annie.

Terra=Annie

Slade=Clayface ..... as far as the roles.

.... also there are now 3 alternate personalities to Mike in WFP.... Stoner, Mophir, and now Kid Mike when he was talking about the villain in The Cyborg ep being on the video game thing.

both "Growing Pains" and the whole Terra arc (not just the episode "Terra") involve young heroes losing their innocence in losing their love interests and both have villains voiced by the incomparable Ron Perlman; I'd have to see them both again to draw more simularities

Date With Destiny reminds me of Ouran High School host Club...in a good way. That's the best praise I can heap on that.

Does the plot make sense? Not entirely, but it gets plenty of laughs. Awesome.

Why does this girl make out with a spider? Who cares it's awesome.

Robin pulls off a tux in one motion and has his costume on underneath. Makes no sense but its funny, so great.

Glove slap. Why? One reason.

AWWEEEESSSOOOOOMMMMEEEE!