Episode 82

RSS

It's an interesting idea. Especially since we don't know when Jason Todd is with Batman in the DCAU.

He... doesn't exist?

Unless Jason Todd showed up while Dick was still Robin....

Seriously. This is why TT being in the DCAU makes no sense. You have to bend over backwards in a thousand different ways just to make things sort of work.

That's a bit much. As I seem to recall, in DC comics, the Joker paralyzed Barbara Gordon, forcing her to become Oracle. But in Return of the Joker, we see the Joker die and she can still walk. And in Batman Beyond, when she's commisioner, the only thing slowing her mobility is her age. But that doesn't mean that it isn't in continuity.

This having anything to do with whether or not Teen Titans is in continuity is a non-sequitur. Sorry, the Titans are in continuity. Booing it doesn't make it any less true. :P

I meant that if TT is in the DCAU, and Jason doesn't exist in the DCAU, Red X =/= Jason.

However, if TT is not in the DCAU, Red X possibly = Jason. :)

I can see that, but at the same time, we have seen more than one Robin at a time, as when Stephanie Brown was with Batman during War Games.

I meant that if TT is in the DCAU, and Jason doesn't exist in the DCAU, Red X =/= Jason.

I can see that, but at the same time, we have seen more than one Robin at a time, as when Stephanie Brown was with Batman during War Games.

what's to say the DCAU's Jason Todd ever became a Robin? Hal Jordan never became a Green Lantern in it but he is there, since Sinestro slams Kyle Rayner into a plane owned by one "Col. Hal Jordan" in "In Brightest Day" (I attribute his brief switch with John Stewart to being something from a random dimension or reality or just completely out of nothingness thanks to Chronos fucking around with the time-space continuum in "The Once And Future Thing")

also, going back to something I asked earlier, who do y'all think triggered the thing in Slade's mask that created the illusion of him in "Haunted"?

Seeing as how Tim Drake in the DCAU was already an amalgamation of the comics' Jason and Tim, I don't see that working.

Why? Batman tends to attract a certain personality type.

No, I meant from a plot perspective. They basically already had a Jason Todd in the universe; why would they have another one?

I suppose this all is academic considering the writers never give us the chance to see who the heck it is. I could understand some not seeing how that would make much sense. Then again, the kind of things he did, especially in Revved Up, do sound like a more ruthless student of Batman's doing.

what's to say the DCAU's Jason Todd ever became a Robin? Hal Jordan never became a Green Lantern in it but he is there, since Sinestro slams Kyle Rayner into a plane owned by one "Col. Hal Jordan" in "In Brightest Day" (I attribute his brief switch with John Stewart to being something from a random dimension or reality or just completely out of nothingness thanks to Chronos fucking around with the time-space continuum in "The Once And Future Thing")

So. Much. Win. Very good argument, sir.

As far as Cyborg's white cells being in his cybernetic components, there's no reason that he would need the blood to keep his mechanical parts running. It's probably the other way around - he's using his mechanical parts to keep his organics functioning (which is the whole point of his cybernetics) After all, we don't know how badly he was damaged. If his liver or kidneys were destroyed, he'd need an on-board replacement. (Of course, that starts me thinking - how many of his long bones does he have left? Human bones can't take the stress he exerts on them. Where is he making new blood cells?)

James, I'm pretty sure this is the first time BB talks in...not-human form. (other than telepathically to Aqualad) - I remember them commenting that, unlike in the comics, they weren't going to have him talk when transformed because it looked too goofy when animated, but in this scene, since he couldn't transform back, they must have bent the rules so that it wasn't just Gizmo followed by a silent green blob. Here's another question - when an amoeba replicates, both daughters are genetically identical to the parent. Does that mean that all of the amoebae could all transform back and we'd have a horde of Beast Boys? It'd be like an irreversible version of Jamie Madrox's power.

Adding one more aspect to Mike's interpretation of the message in the last episode - did anyone else pick up a "the person on the other side of the computer may not be who they tell you they are" message in that as well?

Chris

...whose daughter has now decided that she wants to be She-Hulk with a pink lightsaber when she grows up. Oh, well, green and pink are a popular combination out here...

It's the only time in the DCAU where Beast Boy talks out of his human form. In the DVD extra for Season One, one of the writers, I'd like to say David Slack, but I'm not positive, said that they did this on purpose, citing that since he makes so many jokes in his human form, the one time when he didn't should have been when he transformed.

• 2 weeks later...

In reference to Haunted, we never find out who triggers the Slade mask dust. I've always thought that this was something Slade had set up in advance, in the event of his death. Because not only does it mess-up Robin hardcore, but it plants the seed that he is still out there. That alone would torment Robin and the Titans indefinitely. A final shot from their greatest foe, perhaps?