The Legend of Korra

JackFetch

I think energybending might be something that's available to everyone, but almost nobody has the knowlage. Amon misuses it but I think the final resolution will be Korra freeing the potential to energybend in everyone, making them equals by elevating the common man and not bringing down the benders.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or maybe if Amon really is Aang's non-bending kid, then he just inherited the ability to energybend.

I don't know why but I've never really bought that theory, I guess it's because it just seems to obvious. Plus it doesn't really seem right that Bumi is Amon, we already know what he looks like and Katara brought him up in conversation.

• 2 weeks later...

Aang took Ozai's abilities, Amon does the same. You're right though, chi-blocking could be different to the actual power-stealing technique.

This is a picture of the guy-

0.jpg

Well it turns out it's councilman Tarlock (or Yakone). Another great episode, but I'm really looking forward to next week, Out of the Past, when she will hopefully contact Aang

There's a theory going around that Tarlock is Yakone's son, very possible. It's also nice to have a water tribe villain rather than another fire nation villain.

I swear, it's like the people behind this show keep forgetting they're making a cartoon. They put way more maturity and brilliantly-conceived storytelling into it than is necessary for even the average adult-aimed prime time series. At this point, I'm about ready to go put on a nice suit, hop on a bicycle and start going from door to door spreading the good news of Korra.

I thought he broke Aang's hand until a few seconds later when Aang seemed fine.

I kind of wonder; if Aang going into the avatar state can break through bloodbending, does that mean that he's bloodbending himself in order to counter it? If that's the case, one of the previous avatars would have to have known bloodbending.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally sat down to watch this and oh my god I want season 2 now. I don't know if I would go as far as too say it's the best episode of the franchise but definitely the best season finale. I actually thought the ending was very optimistic, there were no huge cliffhangers. This series and franchise needs to go down as one of the landmarks of animation just like The Simpsons and Batman: The Animated Series. I hope season 2's ratings shoot up and LOK becomes much more widely recognized, these guys deserve it.

Great couple of episodes, but I'd have been happier with a more Empire Strikes Back kind of ending, have Korra deal with just being an airbender for a while. Her getting access to her spiritual side because she's sad was a bit of a cop-out for me.

The ending of Amon and Tarlok was seriously dark though, kudos for getting that in. Plus I can't wait to meet Bumi!

For anyone with nicktoons

After the finale, The Legend of Korra fans can learn more about the mythology and creation of this franchise by tuning into the Nicktoons’ Korra: Making of a Legend” special event from July 9 – July 20 during which all twelve episodes from Season 1, Book 1 will air weekdays at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT). Each “creators cut” episode offers insight into the creation of the stunning imagery, mythology and storyline where series creators and executive producers, Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko, provide commentary.

Great couple of episodes, but I'd have been happier with a more Empire Strikes Back kind of ending, have Korra deal with just being an airbender for a while. Her getting access to her spiritual side because she's sad was a bit of a cop-out for me.

The thing is, that's perfectly in line with the spiritual philosophy of the show, what with Aang having to essentially die to self in order to purposely go into the Avatar state and all. It's part of the teachings of Eastern philosophies; reducing the self in order to attain greater enlightenment.

For me, that whole triumphant moment at the end was SO much more powerful than the sad ending. Just having Korra be depressed at the end would have been a lot less meaningful than her getting that huge spiritual revelation and finally becoming the Avatar in full.

The Empire Strikes Back thing, I think, requires an ongoing unresolved plot to go with it. Since they didn't really leave any plot threads going and basically ended the story as it was, I don't think it would have fit to have an unresolved feeling of depression with Korra.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...