The leisurely comic discussion thread

Aaron Robinson

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Angel: Gang-Smasher Supreme! I wonder if that's anything like being Sorcerer Supreme...

He does wear blue tights and a red cape and has a pencil mustache! However, instead of channeling the mystical energies of otherdimensional nigh-omnipotent godlike beings, the Angel kills the fuck out of gangsters.

The Angel: Gang-Smasher Supreme! I wonder if that's anything like being Sorcerer Supreme...

He does wear blue tights and a red cape and has a pencil mustache! However, instead of channeling the mystical energies of otherdimensional nigh-omnipotent godlike beings, the Angel kills the fuck out of gangsters.

I mean, The Angel kind of also twists his hands into weird positions, but that's only to fire guns as part of his regular gang-smashing routine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

DC is releasing an omnibus edition of Jack Kirby's Fourth World, including every issue he did of The New Gods, The Forever People, Mister Miracle and Jimmy Olsen.

Currently slated to come out in December.

That's solid. Cheaper than you can get the 4 earlier hardcover omnibuses for and it has all of them. I will not double dip. I will not double dip. I will not double dip...

That's solid. Cheaper than you can get the 4 earlier hardcover omnibuses for and it has all of them. I will not double dip. I will not double dip. I will not double dip...

There's every reason to think that the price will come down between now and then. DC Omnibuses are usually sold well below MSRP.

There's every reason to think that the price will come down between now and then. DC Omnibuses are usually sold well below MSRP.

or they go out of print and keep or increase their value like the fucking New Warriors omnibus for god's sake. Really want that, but not willing to drop $100 on it.

or they go out of print and keep or increase their value like the fucking New Warriors omnibus for god's sake. Really want that, but not willing to drop $100 on it.

Oh, when they go out of print forget it. It took years for me to find a copy of the Hulk Omnibus for under $200, and I had to get one where the dust jacket was all kinds of jacked.

That said, I've had my eye on the New Warriors collection for a while myself. I've seen it for way less than $100.

Oh, when they go out of print forget it. It took years for me to find a copy of the Hulk Omnibus for under $200, and I had to get one where the dust jacket was all kinds of jacked.

That said, I've had my eye on the New Warriors collection for a while myself. I've seen it for way less than $100.

I've been watching that auction. That's plus 45 bucks priority mail international shipping making it 100 American which is about 130 Canadian. You see my problem? :)

• 3 weeks later...

Fun, cute thing while reading Black Hammer last night: at one point one of the issues is told in the style of the old school horror comics. Two of the characters that approach the creepy ass cabin are called Len and Bernie, and Bernie is wearing a hat that's very close to the one Wrightson wore a fair bit. The one called Bernie is eventually turned into Not the Swamp Thing. 

Edited by Venneh

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Re-purchased a trade for the sole reason that it was the wrong edition and the spine did not match the rest of the volumes.  Granted, I originally bought the entire run of trades for a buck a piece and the replacement was three bucks.  But it still annoys me that it annoyed me.  But, now I can look at the book shelf and not have that OCD part activate. 

• 2 months later...