• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
Who's the figure of Stavros?

Yes I noticed the figures first.

I have a Jayne from Firefly, which was just because I was astonished they were releasing anything for that show so I snapped it up. I'm not usually an action figure guy but I was high on the series at the time.

The Rob Conway was a gift from a guy who used to work for us. He was getting us all gifts as a thank you (it was a temp job to beef up his credentials for his uni course) and had the choice between Conway and Kurt Angle. I think we all know he made the right one. The championship belt Rob Conway is wearing is a GHC belt from a little NOAH pro wrestling gift pack I got a while back. The steel plate keyring is attached to my keys obviously, and the bobble-head Marufuji is hanging just below the clock in the photos.

The Rob Conway was a gift from a guy who used to work for us. He was getting us all gifts as a thank you (it was a temp job to beef up his credentials for his uni course) and had the choice between Conway and Kurt Angle. I think we all know he made the right one.

You damn right!

Conway had just been let go at the time, so I was pretty thrilled with it.

For some reason I've always thought of myself as a bigger Marvel guy but DC kicks their ass on my shelf, especially throwing in Vertigo and Wildstorm. My Marvel stuff is probably a lot more issue to issue.

I was about to come in here and say that was a shitload of comic books, but then I looked to my left and saw boxes and boxes of games.

As you were.

Dude, pull back the camera and- Films (double deep on the shelf)

DSC00229.jpg

And my Wrestling and as yet unorganised TV DVD's (double deep on the shelf)

DSC00233.jpg

I'm a collector.

• 2 weeks later...

Just read the first two issues of Secret Warriors. Caselli's art is great and the story, characterization and action are all top notch. The problem is that I just don't buy the premise that

Shield was being run by Hydra right from the start. Yes this story ties together a lot of threads, including stuff from Wolverine Agent of Hydra/Shield but I just don't see how decades of comic continuity is wrong. I'm sure that Baron von Strucker wasn't acting every time someone foiled his plans.

Just read the first two issues of Secret Warriors. Caselli's art is great and the story, characterization and action are all top notch. The problem is that I just don't buy the premise that

Shield was being run by Hydra right from the start. Yes this story ties together a lot of threads, including stuff from Wolverine Agent of Hydra/Shield but I just don't see how decades of comic continuity is wrong. I'm sure that Baron von Strucker wasn't acting every time someone foiled his plans.

Wow. I'm glad I'm pretending that the greater Marvel Universe died during the Initiative. It's happier there.

• 2 weeks later...

Just read the new Azrael issue. It sucked.

Throwing in the remnants of Morrison's run on Batman does not make an Azrael. The coolest thing about the original character was his awesome look, be it in classic knight or updated flaming wrist-sword form. This has been replaced by a weak-ass interpretation that in the actual comic is unrecognisable as Azrael.

Jean Paul Valley is alive, we know this from Rip Hunters chalkboard. Why are we wasting time with this charlatan when we could have the real deal? This is a three issue cash-in that I can't see leading to anything. They weakened the man the put behind the mask, they weakened the potency of the Azrael character and they did it shamelessly under the Battle for the Cowl banner.