Aaron Robinson

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've seen these protests. They're not what you'd call "racially diverse."

Yeah, I've seen 'em too. I actually know people from just about every major "race" in the country that participate in them. Race is not nearly as important as the Cap story makes it out to be. (the same way that it's not "government hate")

Fair enough.

I just think that mayeb instead of complaining about being taxed, one should complain about how their taxes are being spent. Such as in wars as opposed to education. Bailing out corporations instead of taking care of the health of their citizens and all.

I'm done. Not nearly as fun as arguing with Dubs.

I just think that mayeb instead of complaining about being taxed, one should complain about how their taxes are being spent. Such as in wars as opposed to education. Bailing out corporations instead of taking care of the health of their citizens and all.

I'm not gonna argue about the actual politics; I just don't want actual people (who are not historical figures) demonized, no matter who they are. Then again, I don't like much of any specific real-world influence in my comic stories, so maybe that's just my problem.

I'm done. Not nearly as fun as arguing with Dubs.

Aww. Now my feelings are hurt. :(

...Sorry, but, all my feelings about the Tea Partiers aside, no, that is absolutely not what they are doing.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Joe Quesada put it better than I could.

Where Mr. Houston is correct is in our accidently identifying in one of the held up signs, the group as being a part of the Tea Party instead of a generic protest group. That’s something that we need to apologize for and own up to, because it’s just one of those stupid mistakes that happened through a series of stupid incidents.

The book was getting ready to go to the printer, it was on fire already from a deadline standpoint, but the editor on the book noticed that there was a small art correct that needed to get done. On the first page featuring the protestors, the artist on the book drew slogans into the protest signs to give them a sense of reality and to set up the scene. On the following page featuring the protestors again, there were signs, but nothing written in them. From a continuity standpoint, this omission stood out like a sore thumb, but was easily fixable. So, just before the book went to the printer, the editor asked the letterer on the book to just fudge in some quick signs. The letterer in his rush to get the book out of the door but wanting to keep the signs believable, looked on the net and started pulling slogans from actual signs. That’s when he came upon this one.

1265819490.jpg&w=300

Photo by David Weigel at The Washington Independent

And used it in the scene and off it went to the printer. Unfortunately, to make the deadline, the work wasn’t double-checked thoroughly, and it was printed as is, which is where we as an editorial group screwed up. We spoke to the letterer, and he was mortified at his mistake and was truly sorry as he had no political agenda. He was just trying to do his job, but ultimately the onus falls on me as E-i-C. All that said, we caught the mistake two weeks ago, after it was printed and removed the sign from the art files so that it no longer appears in future reprints of the title or collections. So, while the crowd protesting has nothing to do with the villains in the story, we in no way meant to say they were associated with the Tea Party movement, it was a simple perfect storm of screw-ups. It happens, we’re human.

However, where I do take exception with Mr. Houston’s article is when he states that we are calling the Tea Party racist...wait I’m sorry, that we’re saying that every white person is a racist along with several other horrible and inflammatory accusations. Nothing can be further from the truth, accidental placement of a Tea Party sign or not, those sentiments are not in the pages of our comics and are a complete and irresponsible misrepresentation. And as for his criticism of the remarks made by the character of Sam Wilson, this is a four-issue series. So to really get a full picture of why he feels the way he does and what conclusions he comes to at the end of the story, you really need to read the whole thing and not just judge a story and its intent on the first issue. What we do at Marvel is provide our readers with the unexpected and many times what is on the surface is not what is really going on.

Source

EDIT: Aaaand of course everything happens while I'm posting. Agh.

I just read that War of the Supermen is going to be a four issue weekly thing. Meaning it will be done during May, also, it's regular size, and going to be $2.99. I'm still not touching it, but I thought I'd let everyone else know. Also, #0 will be a FCBD book, which is nice, one week the free issue is out, week after that, real thing starts.

Van Sciver on Wordballoon was a major dick this time. They need to get him and Loeb on a book together so they can sail off into the sunset in their own little comic book world of their own making...

Is this the one with the musical interludes? Cause those were shit. His excuse for Flash being late really was really stupid.

Went on and on about Dale Keown wasting his time at Top Cow, Gary Frank wasting his time not doing a top tier book at Marvel or DC and then saying that his store carries indie books but "his eyes move over them" to the big two. Then he managed to work in sales figures into what he looks at. Apparently, if it isn't in his comp book it isn't a comic book. Then there was his music...

I like the guy's art but I think I need to stop listening to his interviews. What a colossal dick.

Went on and on about Dale Keown wasting his time at Top Cow, Gary Frank wasting his time not doing a top tier book at Marvel or DC and then saying that his store carries indie books but "his eyes move over them" to the big two. Then he managed to work in sales figures into what he looks at. Apparently, if it isn't in his comp book it isn't a comic book. Then there was his music...

I like the guy's art but I think I need to stop listening to his interviews. What a colossal dick.

Let me know when you get to his excuse for Flash: Rebirth. Also, I just like his covers, his art has never been my cup of tea.

The last thing comics needs is what wrestling got: One of the two big companies falling off, and competition outright dying. (Granted, because of the parent companies, it will likely never happen that way.) I love DC, I love Marvel. I don't want to see either company struggle or fail.

Fuck, is there a reason that I can't be getting two separate companies throwing great shit at me at the same time?