The leisurely comic discussion thread

Aaron Robinson

I haven't read final crisis, so thanks for pointing it out. But really, after Tim located the cave, they could have gone back to look in the cromagnon or neanderthal eras. Or even just go back with knowledge of what happened and wipe it from existence (I wouldn't mind getting rid of countdoown either). But I suppose then you get the whole Ted Kord needs to happen for other things to happen. But all that really comes out of it is a new Robin and Batgirl. The whole Dick as Batman thing played out better in Prodigal if you ask me.

They would have to look through literally thousands of years for a single, at most 40 year period that Bruce is alive and this is assuming he isn't doing some weird time-flashing thing.Given the hunting-gathering habits of early man, more likely as well is that just because he knows one place Bruce was, that doesn't mean he'll be there the entire period. That and, as Rip Hunter has said a few times in Booster Gold, the past is solid with the exception of a few point here or there. The Joker will always shoot Barbara Gordon, Ted Kord will always be murdered, and Coast City will always die. Changing any of those events will break time. I'm sure Final Crisis is one of those events.

Other things that came out of Final Crisis include the dissolution of The Monitors, the Death of Darkseid, the hinted at resurrection of the New Gods, and the Return of Barry Allen. As for Dick as Batman, I'm enjoying it and it's a very different feel than Prodigal when he knew it was a temporary thing.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Solicit Statistics for July 2010

DC

Number of $3.99 issues: 22

Percentage of DC's periodicals: 24.2%

Marvel

Number of $3.99 issues: 70

Percentage of Marvel's periodicals: 68%

Dark Horse

Number of $3.99 issues: 0

Percentage of Dark Horse's periodicals: 0%

IDW

Number of $3.99 issues: 32

Percentage of IDW's periodicals: 91.4%

Number of $3.99 issues: 7

Percentage of Image's periodicals: 27%

I imagine a lot of those licensed comics sell at a high price because fans are still willing to pay for them.

EDIT - Just to expand that further; I imagine a lot of the people that read Buffy or Transformers or Doctor Who, only read Buffy or Transformers or Doctor Who. $4 probably doesn’t seem like a whole lot when it’s all you spend on comics each month.

• 2 weeks later...