The leisurely comic discussion thread

Aaron Robinson

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DC trades that are getting released in 2011.

My list:

BILLY BATSON AND THE MAGIC OF SHAZAM!: MR. MIND OVER MATTER TP Enjoyed the singles

JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL VOL. 5 TP As soon as Amazon makes the price of volume 3 less than £10, I'll be picking volume 3&4.

SUICIDE SQUAD: TRIAL BY FIRE TP I might get this.

SECRET SIX: CAT’S IN THE CRADLE TP I've lost all interest in the Six. So I might not get this

THE FLASH: THE DASTARDLY DEATH OF THE ROGUES HC It's a maybe

THE FLASH: REBIRTH TP Ditto

TIME MASTERS: VANISHING POINT TP I'll flip through an issue and see if it's worth it.

BATMAN BEYOND: FUTURE EVIL TP I'll wait to hear what other people think.

SHOWCASE PRESENTS: GREEN LANTERN VOL. 5 TP Neal Adams, Denny O'Neil run at a cheap price? Yay.

BRIGHTEST DAY VOL. 1 HC

Writers: Geoff Johns and Peter J. Tomasi

Artists: Ivan Reis, Patrick Gleason, Ardian Syaf, Scott Clark and Joe Prado

Collects: BRIGHTEST DAY #0-7

$29.99 US, 256 pages

Looks like I'll be having a long wait to read that.

In 2011, Brian Clevinger and Gurihiru will team-up for a new ongoing series entitled Captain America: The Fighting Avenger. The series will tell "continuity-free" stories about Steve's adventures during World War II.

EDIT 01: I knew Gurihiru was an art team, but I didn't know they were ladies.

EDIT 02: And yes, I know it's a nitpick, but I hope the promotional image is corrected. If the series is set during World War II, there's shouldn't be 50 stars on the flag.

Edited by The Master

Marc Guggenheim is writing Justice Society as of #44.

And I might hang around the book for a little bit longer after hearing that. I love Fables but Willingham on a super-hero book is not that fun. (Shadowpact was more of a book about Magic in the DCU, not so much Superhero story.)

Dropped the book, one issue into the Willingham run, and I won't be returning to it.

JSA: All Stars is annoying. I was reading an issue yesterday, Freddie Williams forgets to give people pupils to their eyes nine times out of ten, which made PowerGirl look like a bloody zombie.

Anyone else read Superman #701 yet? The one where he starts his cross-country walk? I was pretty "meh" about the whole thing to start, and the issue didn't make things better for me.

They really seem to be perpetuating the myth of Superman as the absolute perfect being. He's endlessly wise, can handle any situation in the blink of an eye and could basically clean up the whole world from the ground up if he had the time.

Plus

Lois is just completely fine with him wandering the country by himself, even though they were JUST reunited after God knows how long.

We're supposed to believe that Lois is a strong, independent woman. But how can we possibly think that when she has no problem with her husband just strolling into the sunset and leaving her behind time after time? It just doesn't seem feasible.

From The Onion: http://www.theonion.com/articles/lady-gaga-kidnaps-commissioner-gordon,17789/

Lady Gaga Kidnaps Commissioner Gordon

NIB-Lady-Gaga-R_jpg_600x345_crop-smart_upscale_q85.jpg

GOTHAM CITY—Supervillain Lady Gaga brazenly abducted Commissioner James Gordon from a charity fundraiser Tuesday, leaving police baffled and the citizens of Gotham fearing for their safety. Known for her outlandish costumes and geometric polygon hair, the criminal madwoman made a daring escape from Arkham Asylum last week and has been taunting authorities by interrupting television broadcasts ever since. "If you ever want to see Commissioner Gordon again, you'll do exactly as I say," Lady Gaga said from her secret lair, adjusting her angular yellow Tyvek and spandex dress as henchmen danced menacingly around the bound commissioner. While the kidnapping occurred at stately Wayne Manor, home of playboy jet-setter Bruce Wayne, the eccentric billionaire was not available for comment.

Welcome to the Boards, Fate. Keep in mind that stuff like this usually goes over in the Randomness thread but ehh, I found it funny. Gaga would make an awesome super-villain. Damn, I keep getting ideas today...

Apologies about that; newbie mistake. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the heads up.