The leisurely comic discussion thread

Aaron Robinson

News is surfacing from ICV2′s Digital Comics panel that Marvel may be dropping prices in January 2011 as well. According to The Beat’s Heidi MacDonald, Marvel’s David Gabriel cites digital comics as one reason for the move.

Rich has just landed in NY, so we’re certain to have more coverage of what is quickly turning into a fast and furious news day at NYCC very soon.

@debaoki: David G. (Marvel): “We’ll be able to lower prices in January 2011, due to what we’ve done w/ digital comics.” #icv2

@Comixace: David Gabriel also announces Marvel lowering prices in January on digital panel! Says digital sales are part of the reason.

Bleeding Source

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quesada started out by showing some images from the upcoming relaunch of the CrossGen line, including a red-haired woman wearing a Sigil and what appeared to be a new picture of the detective Ruse. Brevoort said, "I have one creator name for you: Mark Waid."

Bendis announced he and Michael Avon Oeming's Icon graphic novel "Takio," which he described as an original superhero concept that is "all-ages fun like 'Ultimate Spider-Man'" which the pair needed to do after a particularly dark arc on "Powers."

Then they revealed that Bendis and Alex Maleev would work on a new "Moon Knight" series. The writer called it a "reinterpretation of the character" they came up with after being challenged by Quesada. "We came up with a hook for this that you've never seen before." Fans of the Icon series "Scarlet" by the pair will not stop publishing. They team will do both. Quesada compared the book to their run on "Daredevil" as one that will redefine the character.

The proposed "Powers" TV show came up. "We are days away from very good news is what I'm being told," Bendis said. A director and show runner have been lined up, and he added "As soon as it's official, I will not shut up about it."

Dan Buckley said that non-Mick Anglo Marvelman stories will see the light of day "within the year."

Source

Quesada started out by showing some images from the upcoming relaunch of the CrossGen line, including a red-haired woman wearing a Sigil and what appeared to be a new picture of the detective Ruse. Brevoort said, "I have one creator name for you: Mark Waid."

dancer.gif

Is that Ruse art by Francesco Francavilla? If it is, Waid and Francavilla on Ruse means a monthly buy from me.

As for Waid and superhero comics, keep in mind that the original CrossGen books weren't superhero comics. They were fantasy, mysteries, sci-fi, etc. And with any luck, Marvel will keep the line superhero-free.

Actions Comics #893 Co-Feature: Jimmy Olsen

Well, Chloe isn't Chloe, more like a generic snotty girlfriend for Jimmy, could've been a throwaway character. Very sad to see this as her comic debut. Also, the colors don't seem right, character's skin, especially at the nightclub seems very orange at times. I did like the cliffhanger though,

"I'm sorry-- What alien invasion?" "That alien invasion."

By no means am I a Bendis hater, but I am very tired of his snotty interviews and condescending sense of humor. Also, as of late, his writing holds very little interest for me.

And as much as I love the Word Balloon podcast, does John Siuntres ever not kiss Bendis' ass? Every time the writer says something, John laughs as if it's the funniest thing in the world.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the greatest comic crossover in the history of ever:

lr5e5.jpg

JBXqq.jpg

Oh, also, we know what's up with Cass giving up the mantle now.

Apparently Bruce had a plan in place that if he disappeared, Cass would go off and do... something (Tim's been in regular contact) and give the mantle to Steph, cause he wanted to test the latter, and everyone deserves a second chance.

Any thoughts?

Oh, also, we know what's up with Cass giving up the mantle now.

Apparently Bruce had a plan in place that if he disappeared, Cass would go off and do... something (Tim's been in regular contact) and give the mantle to Steph, cause he wanted to test the latter, and everyone deserves a second chance.

Any thoughts?

Sounds like a retcon to me.

"Oh, frak, we screwed up. Now we have to pretend it was on purpose..."

I've decided to drop all my bat-books except for Red Robin once TRoBW is all over. Then I'm gonna get started on collecting all the Ultimate Marvel books I've been meaning to.

I'm very likely doing the same with the books, bar Knight and Squire now. Batman Inc at $3.99 for first two issues makes it a wait and see what people think before I jump into it.