Aaron Robinson

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I pissed off Gail Simone over on Twitter. It started like this:

You know what DC needs? @kellysue and @marjoriemliu.

@ComicAttack @marjoriemliu That's that book where Girlverine has bad hangnails on both feet. Right?

@GailSimone Better than the BIRD FLU or BAT RABIES. @ComicAttack

@marjoriemliu Why do you take everything i say as a personal attack? Is it because X -23 is so terrible?

I then chimed in with:

@GailSimone If you think X-23 is bad, why do you want @marjoriemliu at DC? Is it for her skill or gender? 'Cause it seems like the latter.

@GailSimone All I'm saying is, if you champion hiring someone but then bash their work, it comes off like a diversity hire.

@GailSimone And that's always the wrong reason to hire someone.

Gail's response:

@earth_2 You got me, I just wanted @marjoriemliu to come to dc because she's an undude. #busted #soashamed

I can't believe I actually have to explain that I am joking. How can someone follow me for two seconds and not get that?

I sent Simone this follow-up tweet:

@GailSimone Allow me to apologize for taking your good-natured ribbing of @marjoriemliu too seriously.

If she honestly meant it as a joke, I was wrong to get pissy.

EDIT 01: Her response:

@earth_2 @marjoriemliu No worries at all...but she IS a horrible person.

EDIT 02: To which Marjorie Liu said:

@GailSimone Horribly FANTASTIC, you mean. @earth_2

This is fun! :P

Edited by The Master

Yeah. Simone can be a bit of a bitch like that. :/ (I unfollowed her a while ago.)

Same.

Some comic creators come across as really nice on twitter, and try and talk to fans. Simone comes across as a real arrogant bitch at times, who seems to spend all of her time talking about how great the dialogue she's writing is, and how her comic creator friends are all so awesome.

But like Will said, if I don't want to read a persons tweets, it only takes 5 seconds to click unfollow.

GailSimone said:

@earth_2 @marjoriemliu No worries at all...but she IS a horrible person.

I can't tell if she's trying to be funny or not.

I got into this exchange with Kurt Busiek last night:

Kurt:

Drinking a Henry Weinhard's Hefeweizen. Went well with brats for dinner, and there's more left!

Me:

Can I have one?

Kurt:

Bah. You may not!

Me:

Tarnation! Then Astro City is only my second favorite comic of all time. I bite my thumb at you sir!

Kurt:

Bite harder!

Me:

Ow! Why I oughta!!!! You win this time, Busiek!

@GailSimone Have you read @earth_2's tweets? There's a dude who takes himself waaaay too seriously. No wonder he doesn't get your humor.

This is, I have to assume, in response to the series of tweets I made last night about migraines, depression, and anxiety.

Oh, and because I've been bitching about Flashpoint and Justice League.

@GailSimone Have you read @earth_2's tweets? There's a dude who takes himself waaaay too seriously. No wonder he doesn't get your humor.

This is, I have to assume, in response to the series of tweets I made last night about migraines, depression, and anxiety.

Oh, and because I've been bitching about Flashpoint and Justice League.

Congratulations. The Dread Simonians have been awakened.