Episode 45

RSS

Another good podcast.

Robot is an odd story, as you mentioned it's a Pertwee story with a new actor. It's a curious hybrid, but still fun. I was surprised you didn't mention the drawbacks of the green screen when the Robot grows, and it must have taken great restraint not to have a section of the podcast just made up of you laughing at the pathetic toy tank :D

I don't know if it was my link in the Doctor Who thread that made you link to that song, but glad you liked it...it's such a geeky thing :D

regarding McCoy stories, he's one of my fave Doctors, and I have a soft spot for the Happiness Patrol, but I'd recommend Remembrance of the Daleks, Curse of Fenric, Greatest Show in the Galaxy, Ghost Light, Survival....anything from the last 2 series except Silly Nemesis.

Seventh Doctor wise, I know Tom Deja would recommend "Ghost Light."

Yup. Tom sent me an e-mail recommending that very story.

I don't know if it was my link in the Doctor Who thread that made you link to that song, but glad you liked it...it's such a geeky thing :D

I believe it was. Thanks!

regarding McCoy stories, he's one of my fave Doctors, and I have a soft spot for the Happiness Patrol, but I'd recommend Remembrance of the Daleks, Curse of Fenric, Greatest Show in the Galaxy, Ghost Light, Survival....anything from the last 2 series except Silly Nemesis.

I'll give some of those a look.

"Ghost Light" is a story that has as many detractors as it has fans. I like it, but know going in it's not for everyone.

Yeah I quite like Ghost Light too, I think it has built up this reputation of being a complex story that's really hard to understand. I honestly think the plot is a bit more complex than the usual doctor who stories but is very easy to understand.

Did he? I missed that!

It's in that subtle Tom Baker way. I barely caught it myself :P

Happens around the 2:33 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJqoonVxjvE

There was nothing subtle about it. He grabbed the jelly baby out Harry's hand and threw it, very forcefully, back into the bag.

Did I say subtle. I meant bad-ass.

• 2 weeks later...