Episode 23

RSS

This week it's sports entertainment time! Megan picks 2009's Whip It! and Desmond counters with 2008's The Wrestler. Megan gets aggressive and Desmond gets hot. Does Desmond get racial? Maybe. Prefontaine. Prefontaine is the name he was thinking of. Megan talks bout lighting? What's happening here? Masculine tearjerker sounds wrong. But it's oh so right. Marisa Tomei is fantastic, and yes that's because she's naked the entire time. Megan's need for more of the story in The Wrestler forces Desmond to bust out his screenwriting chops. And Megan shocks Desmond with one of her review scores. [ 43:45 || 20.3 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/marriedtomovies/episodes/marriedtomovies_023.mp3

One of the reasons I haven't seen The Wrestler since its initial theatrical release is because I'm worried I'll find flaws in it. Maybe I won't, but I want my memory of the movie to remain as it is.

That said, it isn't perfect; I've never been 100% keen on the daughter storyline. Granted, the acting during those scenes is great, but the emotional impact of them has never resonated with me.

And once I reactivate my Netflix account, I'll be sure to add Whip It! to the queue.