Episode 416

RSS

Yeah, the Loeb/Sale special got an eyebrow raise from me when it was announced. Don't blame you guys for nixing it.

I read the first issue of Old Man Logan and said to myself, "I bet this'll be awesome in trade." Never bought the trade. I'll probably look for it at a con for half off sometime for some aspects of the story and the art.

I read volumes 1, 3, and 4 of Sandman a couple years ago and remember liking them. I actually went in wanting not to like them due to the crazy amounts of praise Gaiman gets, but, to my surprise, I ended up enjoying them (and 1602 too). As far as Season of Mists goes, I know it gets praised as one of the best stories in Sandman, but I can't really remember it. I'm not a fan of Kelly Jones' Batman either, but I'd say he's a good fit for Sandman. I'll probably go back and read the entire series at some point. And actually, I'd like to hear you guys cover Volume 3 down the line. It was my favorite volume out of the three I read, maybe it will be the one to click with Mike.

Glad to have the "Waiting For The Trade" segment back.

I really liked Old Man Logan. I don't read comics hardly at all anymore, so I think maybe that's why I'm not so burned out on Logan stories as others are. And similarly, I was hoping to see blood and guts everywhere. I was almost taken aback by

Punisher and Daredevil being ripped apart by dinosaurs in the middle of the arena.

I dunno. I guess it falls under the "guilty pleasure" banner for me.

I still rate Season of mists really highly, its like mythology unfolding in front of you. Plus whilst I agree that Dream was a moody emo douche in the past the whole Sandman series is aimed at him trying to repair the damage of the past after being humbled by mere mortals.

In addition to all that there is a manga-sized Death book set as a companion piece in which she tries to deal with all the souls expelled from hell with the aid of Despair and Delirium, it's a brilliantly charming little addition that really adds a lot to the story.

In addition to all that there is a manga-sized Death book set as a companion piece in which she tries to deal with all the souls expelled from hell with the aid of Despair and Delirium, it's a brilliantly charming little addition that really adds a lot to the story.

I've read that, and, if I recall, I liked it. See, the problem is that I don't like Dream. Death and the other siblings are great, but Dream is boring.

• 5 weeks later...

Re: Sandman, it may be worth pointing out that some of the stuff that happens is setting up future storylines.

The Loki story happens specifically because it puts him in Morpheus' debt. This becomes a hugely important factor.

It's also worth bearing in mind that, when we meet the family, that's the first time we've met some of them.