Game of Thrones

JackFetch

On one hand, I get that it's not the books, and I can accept that. On the other, Jamie's arc is one of biggest parts of the upcoming storylines, so changing it really doesn't sit well with me.

I'm the first to admit some changes are great, the Talisa/Jeyne Westerling thing, for example, but this is pretty bad.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm more bothered by the derailment of the best character arc on the series.

Jamie went to all that effort to keep Brienne from getting raped last season and then rapes Cersei? There's my fucking issue.

real life does not have neat story and character arks that go from A to Z. So why should a TV show have them. Is playing with the conventions of what people expect from a show not a good thing?

Real life doesn't have dragons and ice monsters either

That's not an argument for anything. You want more traditional storybook-style tales go watch the Narnia films. The whole point of Game of Thrones is it takes a fantasy world and applies the cruelty and unfairness of a more real world. You can't just say "look it has dragons, every plot should end happy".

That's not an argument for anything. You want more traditional storybook-style tales go watch the Narnia films. The whole point of Game of Thrones is it takes a fantasy world and applies the cruelty and unfairness of a more real world. You can't just say "look it has dragons, every plot should end happy".

Thank you for saying that in a way that didn't come across derisive. I couldn't.

....well damn, I know that GRRM gave them the material for how the rest of the books were gonna go, but I was NOT expecting them to start tackling it this quickly. But that? That explains a LOT. and. Well. Fuck. This is gonna get real interesting real quick.

Also, always nice to see a wild Burn Gorman, even if he was involved in a wildly uneccesary rape scene.

And goddamn, Olenna and Margaery are going to be the ones to watch this season, aren't they?

We have not yet begun to creep.

Des,

the Night King is one of those stories that is mentioned in absolute passing, by Ygritte in book 3 somewhere, supposedly one of The Lord Commanders of the Night Watch bought home a queen with bright blue eyes and as cold as ice, and he lost his soul to her and basically became an undead sorcerous lich, there was lots of human sacrifice. The wildlings and the Starks teamed up to destroy them both. It was implied the Queen was a White Walker.

And yeah, basically every one of Crasters boys that's been offered up, or any other baby left to die in the Wilds, has been converted into a White Walker.

Book and show spoilers

Alright, so, can I just say that Im getting real sick of the constant rape/rape threats? Like, this is three consecutive episodes of this, lay the fuck off.

I get the point of them making this subplot for Bran and Jon, as a way to foreshadow some of what's coming, but it's honestly one of the more unnecessary bits of storytelling, to me. All it does is pad out their stories, there's no character development, and other than Meera almost getting raped twice, nothing about their story has changed.

So, who wants to bet that Lysa gets thrown through the Moon Door in the next few episodes? Like, I am all for that right now.

Also, interesting to watch how things are starting to move in Kings Landing. Looks like we get the trial next time, and possibly more of Dorne?

On the other hand, I am totally here for Murder Hobos and the Misadventures of Brienne and Pod.