Being Human US remake

JackFetch

Syfy's all-new drama series Being Human, starring Sam Witwer (Smallville, Battlestar Galactica), Meaghan Rath (The Assistants), Sam Huntington (Cavemen, Superman Returns) and Mark Pellegrino (Lost, Supernatural) has commenced production in Montreal, Canada. Adam Kane (The Mentalist, Heroes) is Director and Co-Executive Producer with Executive Producer Michael Prupas (The Kennedys, Pillars of the Earth) and husband and wife Executive Producers/Writers Jeremy Carver (Supernatural) and Anna Fricke (Men in Trees, Everwood). Muse Entertainment is producing 13 1-hour episodes for Syfy.

Being Human, a re-imagining of the acclaimed UK series created by Toby Whithouse, follows three paranormal, 20-something roommates living in Boston - vampire "Aidan" (Witwer), werewolf "Josh" (Huntington) and ghost "Sally" (Rath) - as they struggle to hide their dark secrets from the world, while helping each other navigate the complexities of living double lives and trying to be human. Mark Pellegrino plays Aidan's charismatic but menacing vampire mentor "Bishop."

http://blastr.com/2010/09/first-teaser-for-syfys-be.php

There is a teaser also, but it doesn't show anything but a door.

U.K. fans can start yelling now....

I dunno, Being Human hasn't really been on my radar other than Chris Brosnahan praising it to the rafters, so I'm not offended by a US remake. I will say that it's lazy/predictable for SyFy to find any property combining vampires & werewolves and getting it produced before the Twilight franchise has been fully milked.

I dunno, Being Human hasn't really been on my radar other than Chris Brosnahan praising it to the rafters, so I'm not offended by a US remake. I will say that it's lazy/predictable for SyFy to find any property combining vampires & werewolves and getting it produced before the Twilight franchise has been fully milked.

Eh, I really like the idea behind Being Human, but there are ways that the show can improve. Considering that the US remake will have Mark Pellegrino (Lucifer from Supernatural)I'm all for it.

• 4 months later...
Syfy's Being Human adaptation has started off well.

For the premiere episode of the U.S. redo of the British supernatural drama, Human drew 2 million total viewers at 9 p.m., setting a network record as the most-watched winter launch since 2005.

The series, starring Sam Witwer, Sam Huntington and Meaghan Rath, drew 1 million viewers in the adults 18-49 demo, and 58% of that were women (582,000), a record for Syfy for an original series.

Including repeats at 10:02 and 11:02 p.m., Human drew a total of 3.8 million viewers for the night.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blogs/live-feed/syfys-human-remake-draws-2-72916?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thr%2Ftelevision+%28The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Television%29

• 1 year later...