The biggest flops(based on worldwide numbers):

The Runaways cost 10 million made 4 million

Jonah Hex cost 47 million made 10 million

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World cost 85 million made 45 million

Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole cost 100 million made 72 million

The Wolfman cost 150 million made 142 million

Green Zone cost 100 million made 85 million

MacGruber cost 10 million made 9 million

But at least there is some god that Iron Man 2 made more than the fucking Twilight movie. And that TS3 topped everything.

I have a feeling that SP might make its money back in DVD sales. At least, I hope it will.

Preston, it's not that surprising, Scott Pilgrim isn't exactly widely targeted like IM2 was or kid friendly like... well, half the movies on that list.

Also, hasn't the Owl Guardian Doohickey Thingy Based on the Books My Sister Used to Read only been out for what, barely a few weeks? Or is that everything getting released later over here?

Also, hasn't the Owl Guardian Doohickey Thingy Based on the Books My Sister Used to Read only been out for what, barely a few weeks? Or is that everything getting released later over here?

It's been out for a month and it only made 4 million this weekend. It's pretty much done.

When we went to see Back to the Future one of my friends could not stop laughing throughout the trailer for that. It did appear to be taking itself FAR too seriously. Not that it shouldn't be serious, I mean I love Mouse Guard and Watership Down is great, but this just seemed slightly pretentious.

Green Zone and Scott Pilgrim deserve to be on the upper list, Alice in Wonderland and Shrek 4 should be on the bottom one.

I think the thing that surprises me the most is how willing companies are to spend 100 million or more on a movie now. The Green Zone is a perfect example of a high risk investment that never would have been made a few years ago.

It shouldn't have been high risk though, the last film that director and star made together was The Bourne Ultimatum in 2007, which was made for $110 million and grossed $442 million. I should have thought that another offering in the same mould from the same team, especially one as well received as Green Zone was should have made at least $200 million. I mean I know it's about Iraq which isn't popular, but no-one could have forseen it making less than it's budget.