Iron Man 3

Missy

Iron Man 3 Soars Into Theaters May 3, 2013

Additionally, The Walt Disney Studios, Paramount Pictures and Marvel Studios reach a new worldwide distribution deal

Posted: 2010-10-18 00:00:00

Updated: 2010-10-18 18:10:18

Tony Stark will rocket into his third solo feature film adventure with "Iron Man 3" on May 3, 2013!

"Iron Man 3" will follow Shellhead's appearance in "Marvel Studios' The Avengers" on May 4, 2012.

Additionally, The Walt Disney Studios, Paramount Pictures and Marvel Studios announced they have reached an agreement under which Paramount will transfer its worldwide marketing and distribution rights to Disney for "Marvel Studios' The Avengers" and "Iron Man 3." Paramount will remain the worldwide distributor of the upcoming films "Thor" and "Captain America: The First Avenger," as well as the previously released "Iron Man" and "Iron Man 2."

Stay tuned to Marvel.com for all the latest news on Marvel films!

Source

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure how I feel about this news. I loved the first Iron Man, but found the second to be a mess. I don't know how much of that mess I can attribute to Marvel Studios interference and how much I can attribute to Favreau.

I'd say 50/50. I agree 2 was a mess, but it wasn't till the second viewing that I realised how the films whole flow just felt weird, and it felt like a crappy set up to an Avengers film, more than an Iron Man movie.

• 2 months later...

I heard Marvel tried to low ball him on his directing fee. The chance to do a family film, was just a bonus.

Marvel is notorious for doing that.

Really? I mean, there were the rumors that they lowballed him before he agreed to come back for Iron Man 2, but that's the only time I've ever heard of them doing that.

I heard Marvel tried to low ball him on his directing fee. The chance to do a family film, was just a bonus.

Marvel is notorious for doing that.

Really? I mean, there were the rumors that they lowballed him before he agreed to come back for Iron Man 2, but that's the only time I've ever heard of them doing that.

How many other sequels have Marvel produced. It might just be their practice. If the film succeeds, then they say it's their character, and low ball the director. If it fails, they'll blame the director for ruining their character.

• 3 months later...
Despite his announcement to step down from directing duties on Iron Man 3, Jon Favreau is not walking away from the franchise entirely.

During a Q&A at the Hero Complex Film Festival, Favreau expressed his support for the Iron Man films, and hinted that he would return to Iron Man 3 in the role of Happy Hogan.

The first two films enjoyed enormous box office success, but Favreau ultimately decided that he wouldn't direct the third affair, which is planned for a 2013 release.

It was revealed that the director’s torch would be passed on to Shane Black, writer of Lethal Weapon and director of Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. However, fans of Iron Man and Iron Man 2 needn’t be concerned as there will be room for collaboration.

Robert Downey Jr mentioned he and Favreau had approached Black for advice on the Iron Man films, and that Black is likely to ask the same of his predecessor.

For now though Favreau has his hands full with the summer release of Cowboys and Aliens, starring Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford.

Source