Iron Man 3

Missy

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this last night with the mom and the sisters. It was pretty okay. I knew the big spoilers about the Mandarin's identity going in, but even without that, it was pretty strongly telegraphed throughout. The House Party protocol was admittedly pretty neat, even if the battle itself started to drag, and Pepper getting to kick ass for a bit was awesome. The ending kind of reeked of, okay, let's write him out in case we don't renew his contract, but there's still plenty of ways for him to come back. Not my favorite of the Iron Mans, but pretty solid.

Just got back from seeing it. The point's been made already but...

...switch an inspiring, useful, honorable Officer Blake with an annoying snarky child and the citizens of Gotham with the President of the United States and it's the same movie.

Minus the perviest Stan Lee cameo to date and a fire breathing Guy Pearce

Saw it yesterday afternoon and think that even fatigued with superheroes and my interest in comics wasn't at an all-time low right now, I still would have been underwhelmed by it.

While I didn't mind the kid as much as Pandy and it did have its moments (most of whom belonged to Ben Kingsley), it didn't manage to mix the comedy and the seriousness that well and I did not like the major twist with the Mandarin. Plus, War Machine/Rhodey went down way too easily. Throughout the film, I was trying to decide whether it was better, worse, or on the same level as Iron Man 2 (which I didn't love, yet didn't dislike), but by the time all the toys--sorry, extra suits--appeared in the finale, I'd decided it was worse.

Man of Steel now has a lower pole to volt over, for my money.

• 3 weeks later...

However, once figures are adjusted for inflation, none of the titles feature in the US domestic all-time top 100, which is headed by 'Gone With the Wind.'

I like to imagine a team of people working feverishly to figure out that list.

How about the top 200?

Just proves what I've always said, that Mrs. Doubtfire was a better movie than all the Iron Man movies............... wait.

• 4 weeks later...

I was going to see Man of Steel last night but on my I passed an old theater that was showing Iron Man 3. Saw it, had a fun time, I liked it much better than The Avengers or any of the other Marvel movies save the original Iron Man. It wasn't perfect but it was a lot of fun, which is exactly what a superhero film should be.