Iron Man 3

Missy

And I'm obviously going to have to google/Wiki 'Extremis' before the movie actually comes out, aren't I?

Honestly, I'd just buy the Extremis trade paperback from Amazon. That, more than anything else, led to the cinematic Iron Man, and it's a damn fine read.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Simon Philips, the President of Marvel Entertainment International said this:

“Tony Stark will have an underground Hall of Armors with somewhere around 16 new suits, including some classics that fans will recognize from the comics. It’s also reported that Pepper Potts will get to don her own suit and get in on some of the fights as well.”

• 2 months later...
So, is Iron Man going to be a Guardian of the Galaxy at the end of this? Maybe Rocket Raccoon will come and recruit him post-credits.

My guess: At the end of the movie, due to Pepper's death, Tony will flee Earth. Then, post-credits, as you said, he'll land on a planet and will be approached by Rocket Raccoon.

Iron Man 3 is the last one he's contracted to appear in meaning Disney will have the choice of RDJ taking them to the bank for Avengers 2, recasting, or removing him from the proceedings all together.

Interesting. RDJ has been amazing in the role and done and said everything right in interviews and press, but the cracks are beginning to show and he seems to be getting tired of playing the same role over and over. Disney/Marvel has no qualms about recasting a role (see: Howard, Terrence) but Iron Man works largely because of Downey. The smart thing would be to write Iron Man out.

Keep in mind though that Downey is going to be 50 when Avengers 2 comes out and actors say they want to play a role forever all the time. Look at David Tennant. Quite frankly, it's going to come down to how much Downey's people ask for when negotiations start. Oddly enough, if Iron Man 3 does really good, it could hurt the chances of RDJ appearing in Avengers 2. If it does, pretty easy for him to go in with a huge asking price which Disney can look at and then respond with recasting, I dunno, Hugh Grant as Tony Stark. If the movie does average or worse, then Downey's asking price will probably be lower. He got 50 million from Avengers. When you have a cast that's just going to increase in size and pay, then you have to make cuts someplace and I doubt Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans are going to rise that astronomically in the next year. Anyway you slice it, he's going to be leaving the role sooner than later.

The problem with recasting is that Sean Connery has made James Bond his in more ways than one. Whoever they cast, and how they play it, from now till the end of time is going to be compared to him.

Fixed to an appropriate comparison.

So they're going to hire a male model, then bring RDJ back, then hire a guy basically playing Iron Man already on a tv?

The problem with recasting is that Sean Connery has made James Bond his in more ways than one. Whoever they cast, and how they play it, from now till the end of time is going to be compared to him.

Fixed to an appropriate comparison.

So they're going to hire a vast improvement who will decide he doesn't want to get typecast, then bring RDJ back, then hire a guy basically playing Iron Man already on a tv?

Fixed.