Best and Worst DC Universe Original Animated Movies (as of 2010)

You Know Who

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Best: Justice League: New Frontier. They took a storyline that was not on my radar and made me give a shit about it. That film was lots of fun, and makes me want to track down and read New Frontier.

Worst: Easy. Superman: Doomsday. I know it was the first one, but its also the worst, as I just didn't care about the original storyline, it was a bad idea to make this. As the second he came back, nobody cared that he died, and in the film, you know he's coming back before the end, so you don't really care.

care to elaborate on the latter? I liked New Frontier quite a bit, too, and can see why some people would put it above Wonder Woman, but Public Enemies worse than Superman: Doomsday? :shocked:

Superman: Doomsday at least had the scene where the clone removed the ball of lead from his brain. Public Enemies has no such moments that stand out.

care to elaborate on the latter? I liked New Frontier quite a bit, too, and can see why some people would put it above Wonder Woman, but Public Enemies worse than Superman: Doomsday? :shocked:

Superman: Doomsday at least had the scene where the clone removed the ball of lead from his brain. Public Enemies has no such moments that stand out.

It had some pretty awesome fight scenes, if you ask me (excepting the unresolved Superman and Batman vs. Captain Marvel and Hawkman one).

Best: Wonder Woman- Best scripted and animated story overall.

Worst: Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

Similar problems with it as Koete. Too much of what happens in that film makes too little sense, it's not a well crafted story. Plus I just flat out don't like the animation.

Best: Wonder Woman- Best scripted and animated story overall.

Worst: Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

Similar problems with it as Koete. Too much of what happens in that film makes too little sense, it's not a well crafted story. Plus I just flat out don't like the animation.

That is true, and is also a symptom of Superman/Batman: Apocalypse. In terms of animation models, both of those films are mixed bags, but certainly better than those of Superman: Doomsday.

It had some pretty awesome fight scenes, if you ask me (excepting the unresolved Superman and Batman vs. Captain Marvel and Hawkman one).

With all the superhero media we've had, I'm past the point of being impressed by fight scenes.

I'm still impressed by good animation, imagination and willingness to show brutality. Wonder Woman was good for that, as was everything in Superman/Batman: Apocalypse after Barda showed up.

I can't remember any of the fights from Public Enemies.

With all the superhero media we've had, I'm past the point of being impressed by fight scenes.

I'm still impressed by good animation, imagination and willingness to show brutality. Wonder Woman was good for that, as was everything in Superman/Batman: Apocalypse after Barda showed up.

How does one forget the massive battle Superman and Batman have with all the villains trying to hunt them down to collect the reward money?

(Note: For all that I'm defending the movie, I think it was average at best.)

How does one forget the massive battle Superman and Batman have with all the villains trying to hunt them down to collect the reward money?

I remember they did the Claw of Horus bit without explaining why it was significant.

I remember they did the Claw of Horus bit without explaining why it was significant.

Apparently, a lot of important stuff in the comic didn't make it to movie or was changed for the worse. The Claw of Horus is the tip of iceberg. Who gives a damn about Hawkman anyway?

Best is a tight race between New Frontier, Wonder Woman and Under the Red Hood.

Worst is easily Superman: Doomsday with GL: First Flight and Batman Gotham Knight, not far behind.

My second worst would probably be Crisis on Two Earths or one or both of the Superman/Batman films. Care to elaborate on why First Flight and Gotham Knight rank low for you?