Best and Worst DC Universe Original Animated Movies (as of 2010)

You Know Who

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Best is a tight race between New Frontier, Wonder Woman and Under the Red Hood.

Worst is easily Superman: Doomsday with GL: First Flight and Batman Gotham Knight, not far behind.

My second worst would probably be Crisis on Two Earths or one or both of the Superman/Batman films. Care to elaborate on why First Flight and Gotham Knight rank low for you?

Gotham Knight just... fell flat with me. The idea (major Anime studios each get to do Batman) is awesome. The execution was miserable. I should never be bored watching Batman.

First Flight shits all over the GL mythos and is (outside of Michael Madsen's Kilowog) terribly miscast. Shitty character designs, too.

Gotham Knight just... fell flat with me. The idea (major Anime studios each get to do Batman) is awesome. The execution was miserable. I should never be bored watching Batman.

I'll agree with that. First time watching it, I thought it was awesome, but with each subsequent viewing, it just got less and less enjoyable. I think the only one I still actually like is the Deadshot story.

I'll agree with that. First time watching it, I thought it was awesome, but with each subsequent viewing, it just got less and less enjoyable. I think the only one I still actually like is the Deadshot story.

First time I saw it my attention drifted quite a bit, surprising since I was really high on the idea at the time. However I watched it back not long ago and really liked it. I wouldn't call it an overall film or anything, more a collection like the Showcase stuff, but it's still worth watching.

First time I saw it my attention drifted quite a bit, surprising since I was really high on the idea at the time. However I watched it back not long ago and really liked it. I wouldn't call it an overall film or anything, more a collection like the Showcase stuff, but it's still worth watching.

WOW...we agree about something

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

He does bring up some valid points but I still don't think Superman: Doomsday is a bad movie. The fight scenes are great, James Marsters is brilliant, and (Under the Red Hood aside) I think Superman: Doomsday packs these biggest emotional punch of any of the DC Animated Movies.