Batman/Superman

Fat DJ

I have... issues with that collection book. :grumble:

Being?

I pitched it in 1998. Now I'm not saying they used my pitch (though I did send it to Eddie Berganza, who edits this series), but they are many similarities. (Most notably Superman and Batman teaming up to destroy a Kryptonite asteroid.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So, anyway, the second collection is out and it's titled "Supergirl". I really enjoyed this set; even more than the first collection. Batman going face to face with Darkseid made me mark out like a little girl. My only question is--why did they decide to tell the origin of Supergirl in a way to make it look as if it all happened after Luthor's presidency was usurped? That confused the hell out of me.

• 6 months later...

Anybody still picking this one up? I'm really liking this new story arc. The basic rundown is a ripoff version of Marvel's Ultimates called The Maximums are after Superman and Batman because supposedly Superman killed their version of Giant Man. Also Bizarro and Batzarro randomly run around and do stuff. I was kinda bored with it until the latest issue.

SPOILERS

BATMAN BEYOND!

Anybody still picking this one up? I'm really liking this new story arc. The basic rundown is a ripoff version of Marvel's Ultimates called The Maximums are after Superman and Batman because supposedly Superman killed their version of Giant Man. Also Bizarro and Batzarro randomly run around and do stuff. I was kinda bored with it until the latest issue.

SPOILERS

BATMAN BEYOND!

My favorite part so far was Bizarro and Batzarro using the JLA teleporters, when J'onnz says, "That was....impossible." Good Stuff. Great Humor. And I really like the Maximums.

• 3 months later...
Have really enjoyed this series but I wish it was on time. Loeb and McGuinness has really put in a solid last run to go with a very good first run. Unfortunently I'm going to drop it because in my opinion Loeb is the best at writing these two characters together.

Isn't the book ending with issue 25?

• 2 years later...

I picked up the last couple of issues of this because it looked wacky. Then it turned into a damn good story. Basically a Justice League from the happiest world in the multiverse shows up in the middle of Batman and Superman doing their thing. For instance in their world Bruce Wayne became Batman because his parents were pushed once. However, the villians also show up and find out that they can actually kill people. In their world bullets of rubber and Joker's flower shoots out soapy water etc. But the villains are as evil as the regular villians so they are a real problem. Then the ending was just great and sad. If you didn't read it I say check it out.

• 5 weeks later...

My favorite from this series right now by far is Superman Batman: Absolute Power. I really enjoyed the story and the art was beautiful, especially Batman's figure and colors. I also liked the callback to the Supergirl story with Darkseid. And who else really liked seeing Etrigan? That was cool. And Jeph Loeb is definitely my favorite guy who has written Batman. The Long Halloween. Dark Victory. Hush. Absolute Power. He is great.

• 6 months later...