Mortal Kombat

JackFetch

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Online retailer GameStop has new listings for the "Tournament Edition" of Mortal Kombat, complete with customized MK Fight Sticks with an old-school arcade design and traditional button layouts. The sticks are built with Suzo Happ arcade parts, have plenty of room for storage and sport easy viewing of the controller's innards for easy customization.

That version runs a cool $149.99 USD on both PS3 and Xbox 360. It also comes with a few downloadable bonuses, like the classic character costumes for Mortal Kombat's beloved ninjas and avatar gear.

A cheaper option is the Mortal Kombat Kollector's Edition.

That version features fancy packaging that holds "kollectible figurines" of Scorpion and Sub-Zero that double as video game bookends. Your $99.99 USD also gets you an Art of Mortal Kombat book and a few decorative digital bonuses.

500xmortalkombatfightst.jpg

500xmortalkombatce.jpg

This along with the combination of the Kratos exclusive is making it very hard for me not to buy this game.

Has any heard what the actual gameplay is like, haha.

It seems better, in that you can do proper combos now.

Really, they can only go up from where they've been.

• 2 months later...

I'll admit, this is pretty cool.

This looks promising, but then, it's from the franchise that brought us MK vs the DCU. For all I know, the developer's completely different and this video loked pretty damn good, but a lot's going to be riding on this game to live up to its hype.

Everything I've seen of this game has me fairly convinced that they have their shit together for the most part.

It's not going to overtake any of the Capcom fighters, but it's looking to be miles better than MK vs DCU.

• 2 weeks later...

The demo is available on PS3 now. I played it a little earlier, it seems like this is going to be a great game for a rental, but nothing more.

The characters in the demo are:

Scorpion

Sub Zero

Johnny Cage (With his name tattooed across his chest)

Mileena

You get four levels to play through, and as the rounds progress, your character actually has damage from the previous rounds, and the x-ray shots, really damage the hell out of you.

The only problem I have right now, is when I was playing as Scorpion, you have his end fight victory celebration, and you can't skip it. This may just be for the demo, and is a minor gripe, but seeing Scorpion fall to hell, gets old after the second time.

Although I'm from Australia, and won't have the pleasure of getting my hands on a copy, I have still managed to play it for a few mins. My brother logged onto his US account on the PS3 and downloaded the demo. It's not to bad at all. Love the gore. Oh how i'll be missing this game. Fuck the no R18+ in Australia.

Leaked character selection screen.

mk9select.jpg

Looks like...

Scorpion, Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Sub Zero

Sindel, Noob Saibot, Reptile, Kitana

Johnny Cage, Jade, Milena, Nightwolf

Cyrax, Smoke, Human Smoke?, Sektor

Sonia, Jax, Kano, Striker

Shang Tsung, Baraka, Kabal, Raiden

CYBER Sub-Zero~!, Sheeva?, Quan Chi, DLC slot