Mortal Kombat

JackFetch

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering that almost every new character post-MK3 is probably getting retconned out of existence, be thankful for that much.

Not sure who that dude (or chick...?) is on the Cyrax row above Kano.

Looking again, the guy on the second row is probably Ermac, and the one that I thought was Smoke is actually Noob, making that guy pre-cyborg Smoke.

• 2 weeks later...

Some leaked pics (possibly) of characters

These are some images allegedly taken from the Xbox version of the game. The first two are supposedly Cyrax and Sektor in their Lin Kuei garb pre-cyborg form. I haven't heard of any Kreate a Kombatant mode in this game, so this could be the case. The other is some really creepy clown image that no one knows what to make of except that it could be a Shang Tsung shapeshift and that it's a jab at the lame, censored Joker fatality from MK VS. DC.

cyrax12.jpg

sector12.jpg

clown.jpg

The human Sektor/Cyrax thing is consistent with the idea of Sub Zero becoming the cyber in this timeline, so I'd imagine they're legit.

The clown thing... is fucking creepy. They've hinted that Friendships are making a return for a chosen few characters, so the Shang Tsung theory works.

The human Sektor/Cyrax thing is consistent with the idea of Sub Zero becoming the cyber in this timeline, so I'd imagine they're legit.

The clown thing... is fucking creepy. They've hinted that Friendships are making a return for a chosen few characters, so the Shang Tsung theory works.

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that it involves Tsung's hidden fatality. I'm 99% sure I read that every character has a third fatality.

If the rumours are true, the reward for beating all 300 levels of the Challenge Tower isn't even close to being worth the effort.

It's a skimpy alt costume for Millenna. Seriously.

Judging from match videos, I'm probably going to use either Scorpion or Sonya.

So this is interesting.

The game isn't even out yet and they're releasing a 40MB patch that will download as soon as players start the game.

This may not seem like a big deal until you consider that patches are never that big, especially if the intention is just to stop some infinite combos.

They're up to something.

So this is interesting.

The game isn't even out yet and they're releasing a 40MB patch that will download as soon as players start the game.

This may not seem like a big deal until you consider that patches are never that big, especially if the intention is just to stop some infinite combos.

They're up to something.

Extra cost downloadable characters and levels?

It's an automatic patch, it's not DLC.

No, I mean they include that stuff so's that it's already installed and you can unlock and purchase it right away. Without having to do an extra download. Like the shit THQ does with the SD VS Raw series where you can "Unlock" specific characters right away.

It could also be a cheat thing in game, again like Smackdown, pay 100 points, and have all characters and costumes unlocked right away.

That, or they could have found a late flaw in the online aspect, and want to fix it right away.

So this is interesting.

They're up to something.

It was only 3MB.