The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

JackFetch

• 2 weeks later...

6012366094b7b5309d5eb.jpg

Today Bethesda announced the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Collector’s Edition for $149.99. In addition to including the game, this premium version of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim also includes:

Alduin Statue. Created in conjunction with the IP Factory, this collector’s only statue stands 12” tall and is made of high quality PVC. Modeled from actual in-game 3D digital files, it showcases Alduin, the World Eater. He stands perched atop one the game’s many dragon walls that teach the player the lethal language of dragons.

‘The Art of Skyrim’ Official Art Book. Featuring over 200 pages of striking, full-color illustrations, sketches and models, this stunning 9 3/8” x 12 1/8” coffee table book showcases the characters, creatures, environments, and weaponry of Skyrim. With a foreword by game director Todd Howard and commentary from Bethesda Game Studios artists, readers will be guided through the game’s iconic visual style.

‘The Making of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim’ DVD. This documentary DVD contains exclusive, behind-the-scenes footage, including interviews with the Bethesda Game Studios team as they take you from concept to creation and provide insights into the story, gameplay, setting, legacy of the Elder Scrolls franchise, and much more.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love this game. I'm so glad they didn't have the monsters level with you this time. it makes you feel like a badass to walk in and massacre a den full of bad guys, and still walk up on something hard to kill. There are some things they didn't change that they should have, like when your fighting and a farmer walking by jumps in to "help" and steps right in front of you and into your lightning spell. He wouldn't stop fighting me so I had to put him down, and got arrested for it even though there were no witnesses. Then there is the occasional accidental theft that results in a bloodbath and reload.

The random dragon fights are pretty awesome. I was about to clear out a fort and a dragon showed up and killed everyone for me while I hid. They also attack the towns. There is nothing like fast traveling somewhere and getting a face full of fire as soon as it loads up.

I thinking about restarting. Two handed makes things easy at lower levels, but around 8 or 9 shit gets real and I can't get in close to casters before I get roasted/frozen. I'm thinking hybrid 1 hand/caster with bow also. That way I can duel wield swords or duel sword/heal and use the bow for distance.

I've been going some kind of stealthy one-handed shield but I'm around level 10 and thinking I might start to switch over to two handed daggers since, while I like my mace, I've seen the videos of how sick the damage output can get from the right rogue build. Now I just need a good way to level up illusion.

Skyrim reaches nearly 250,000 concurrent Steam users on day one, topples MW3

Skyrim’s kind of a big deal. Seeing as you’ve probably heard it mentioned more than the word “the” in the past 24 hours, I doubt that comes as a Tamriel-sized surprise to you. That said, at this point, even my cold, jaded soul can’t help but say damn.

According to Steam’s tracker, Skyrim’s rocketed to 231,593 players (as of writing) during its first 24 hours. For reference, Modern Warfare 3′s currently in distant second at 78,161. That’s sort of, you know, insane. It’s probably also a record number of people concurrently falling to their knees, gazing up into the falling rain, and cursing a single interface designer’s name.

With that being said, don't get it on Steam right now. Not only is the PC version buggy as hell, people are having issues downloading it from Steam.

I haven't run into too many problems (playing it on Steam) though one of my mates has it crash on him randomly. It did take a bit of time to download as well but, at the time, I just chalked that up to release day explosion.

Also, thanks, I'm going to be purchasing Candlelight. Only illusion spell I have is Clairvoyance and, while possible the most useful spell in the game, it eats up magicka like a mofo.

Just started. Going to play an evil character, but this time I'm going to let it happen more organically. In Oblivion, I sort of just started stealing and murdering for no reason.

Right now, I'm a level 1 mook that just joined the fighter's guild. I figure the stronger he gets, the more aggressive and out of control he becomes, to the point that he starts to enjoy killing. Then I can jump into the fun stuff like the Dark Brotherhood.

Superb fantasy role-playing game Skyrim sold over 3.5 million units in 48 hours, Bethesda has revealed.

Bethesda expects Skyrim launch units to generate over $500 million in global retail sales. By comparison, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 made $400 million in one day, and sold over 6.5 million units in the US and UK alone.

Bethesda shipped seven million units of Skyrim for launch. More than 50 per cent of launch units were sold in the first 48 hours, which means Skyrim sold over 3.5 million units in that period.

Skyrim set a record for concurrent players on Steam - a whopping 280,000 played in the first 24 hours of release.

"We are grateful for the fans' response to Skyrim," said Robert Altman, Chairman and CEO of ZeniMax Media.

"Todd Howard and his team at Bethesda Game Studios have crafted a very special game. Anticipation forSkyrim has surpassed any game in our company's history, and we are pleased that sales and reviews have reflected the quality and hours of amazing gameplay it provides."

"Without a doubt, this has been our most ambitious project ever," said Todd Howard, Game Director on Skyrim. "After over three years of development, we're finally excited to get it into everyone's hands."

http://www.eurogamer...ion-in-48-hours

It's nice to see single player games alive and well.