The Humiliation of Kellen Scrivens

Venneh

From the Chat Room:

# Kscriv

also Hannah, I'll offer you the same bet I gave Des back in April over the SB

# Venneh

Let's do it.

For the record, I'm betting on the Green Bay Packers to win the Super Bowl. Kellen is betting on the Steelers. Stakes are the same as the Humilation of Des thread - avatar, forum name, signature, all that fun stuff.

May the best man win, Kell.

(And I will. :P)

Suggestions are welcome for humiliations for both of us.

Kellen doesn't have a great record recently on Avatar bets (see Oratory, David Otunga). He's pretty much dooming the Steelers by siding with them.

Actually, it was Kellen who got us the month of Des as Nickleback's Greatest fan last month so not necessarily.

Sure he won a one in two, but he came off worst in the 30 man betting pool. That's bad luck.

Stavros, Oratory was a blind bet scenario, so yeah, it was all luck (or lack thereof) on that end. If I didn't think the Steelers would win, I'd have never made the bet. Also, 40 men, not 30.

Ian, it's not like I hate the Flames or anything. Is it an Iggy sweater? How angry I would be to wear the name of the man who set up the greatest goal ever.

Stavros, Oratory was a blind bet scenario, so yeah, it was all luck (or lack thereof) on that end. If I didn't think the Steelers would win, I'd have never made the bet. Also, 40 men, not 30.

Ian, it's not like I hate the Flames or anything. Is it an Iggy sweater? How angry I would be to wear the name of the man who set up the greatest goal ever.

I bought it without knowing who was important in the team so the name on the back is Turek, the man Kipper replaced.

Roman Turek? Wow, there's a name I haven't heard in years.

And I would be fine with wearing all types of obscure European hockey jersey's (I do have a Moscow Dynamo and a CKSA Moscow jersey back at my parents' place)

Also work fell though for the weekend, so I will be in the chat room during the big game, and I will have my snacks, good God I will have my snacks.

Hey, I have a Spartak Moscow shirt as well. Although my mum did pick it up on a business trip when I was about 11, so it doesn't really fit anymore.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching a broken down Dominick Hasek playing for them in the Spengler Cup this year.

Hey, I have a Spartak Moscow shirt as well. Although my mum did pick it up on a business trip when I was about 11, so it doesn't really fit anymore.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching a broken down Dominick Hasek playing for them in the Spengler Cup this year.

Wait a minute. You mean that guy's still playing?

I'm actually going to go down to the Student Union for this, so I now have to play catchup since it's been a few years since I watched a game. This will take the form of Jets vs Steelers later tonight and then Packers vs Bears tomorrow. From those games I'll determine which side I'll pick to support. Leaning towards the Steelers right now but my affections are still up for grabs.

You may laugh but this is very much the way I determined which proper football team to support over here. It was pure luck that I wound up with Aston Villa who were the closes premier league team to Bristol, I could well have wound up with Middlesbrough.