The official earth-2.net fitness thread

Aaron Robinson

*a man sits in a corner, clearly exhausted, counting to what appears to be his 100th bicep curl with a 100lb dumbbell. The dumbbell does seem quite small for such a significant weight

Oh, hello I didnt see you come in. Please, sit down and let me tell you all about how I attained physical perfection. I haven't always been this way; I used to be lazy and fat. I lived on a diet of cheetos, burgers, pizza and soda. But then I found out about earth-2.net protein bars and shakes, and my life was never the same again. Now I jog to work every day, travelling the 20 mile distance in a mere two hours, and I use that time to fill in work related forms, do my taxes, manage my stock options and assess potential clients. Ive even converted my office into a mini gym. Sure, clients are initially put off by the fact that I sometimes need to do my bench presses during early morning meetings. But once they get to know me, they realise that physical perfection takes a lot of effort, and theyll often offer to spot me.

Why yes, I do have a lot of free time, why do you ask?

Alright, alright. No more shenanigans. Lets talk about exercise, eating healthy, and all that good stuff. Towards the end of 2009 I was miserable. I was driving to work each day to an office that was in the middle of nowhere. Exercise was nearly impossible to do during the day, and by the time I came home I was tired and unwilling to go to the gym. I snacked constantly out of boredom, and visited the soda machine far too often. When I came back to my regular office I decided things were going to change. I started riding my bike to work each day, hitting the gym before I came home. I read up on ways to eat healthier and started changing my eating habits.

The result so far has been a weight loss of about 16kg (35lb). Im still not completely happy with my weight, and I have a couple of bad habits I need to correct, but I do feel like Ive accomplished something. Once Im in a weight range Im happy with, Im going to work on building up some muscle.

But this thread isnt about me, its about you. Are you hoping to lose weight or get back into shape? Are you thinking about changing your diet? This thread is for anyone who wants to shake up their lifestyle, or discuss how theyve lost weight in the past. Im in no way an expert on weight loss, but Id like to think the collective minds of earth-2.net have a few good ideas.

So have at it.

Late 2009/Early 2010 I had gotten pretty good into a gym habit, I had a personal trainer to help me get started and everything was cool. The personal trainer quit however, and I started to lose the habit. I'm getting back into it, taking lots of walks and such to get ready to go back to the gym. But I have yet to get my driver's license, so I'm SOL on that for now.

I cycle to school most days or walk for at least an hour, plus I do yoga because without it my back freakin' kills me. Love to be lighter, but I think it might have to wait until the summer when I can do 4-6 weeks of intensive effort in that dept. All I can do for now it try to control my eating habits.

Late 2009/Early 2010 I had gotten pretty good into a gym habit, I had a personal trainer to help me get started and everything was cool. The personal trainer quit however, and I started to lose the habit. I'm getting back into it, taking lots of walks and such to get ready to go back to the gym. But I have yet to get my driver's license, so I'm SOL on that for now.

Shaun, if you really want to get into shape shape, join a sport. If your worried about loosing weight, go with wrestling, if you want to be fast, do football, and if you want to just be in shape do Track and Field.

After numerous failed attempts, I came to accept that I'm pretty much stuck at the weight I'm currently at. It's nigh impossible for me to lose weight, but I never gain either. I'd love to look like Georges St. Pierre, but genetically, it's not in the cards for me.

My big problem right now has been cutting out caffeine and getting my blood pressure at a manageable level.

Shaun, if you really want to get into shape shape, join a sport. If your worried about loosing weight, go with wrestling, if you want to be fast, do football, and if you want to just be in shape do Track and Field.

Homeschooled.

Homeschooled.

Looks at community leagues.