Die Hard 5: A Good Day to Die Hard

JackFetch

Deadline reported earlier this evening that Bruce Willis' fifth outing as Detective John McClane in Die Hard 5 has scored itself a director in Noam Murro, who is best known outside of the ad agencies for his debut feature Smart People. There have been rumors circulating over the last few months about 20th Century Fox wanting another installment with Skip Woods working on a script, which has been confirmed by the new addition.

Although Murro has only directed one film, he has been nominated five times by the GA for his commercials work.

Bruce Willis has yet to have signed a deal for a fifth movie but he's shown a lot of enthusiasm for returning to his best-loved franchise.

The previous installment Live Free or Die Hard was released in the summer of 2007 and it grossed $383.5 million worldwide. No word yet on who else if anyone might return from that movie.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=74094#ixzz1DmTnuOAp

• 7 months later...

The official synopsis:

Since the first Die Hard in 1988, John McClane has found himself in the wrong place at the wrong time, with the skills and attitude to always be the last man standing, making him enemy #1 for terrorists the world over. Now, McClane faces his greatest challenge ever, this time on an international stage, when his estranged son Jack is caught up in the daring prison escape of a rogue Russian leader, and father and son McClane must work together to keep each other alive and keep the world safe for democracy.

This kinda all hangs on who they cast as the Russian leader and son. Sorry, but as much as I like them in other things Timothy Olyphant and Justin Long didn't really work in the last film. Now if they threw a Christoph Waltz my way as the Russian I'd be happy, or even a Jeremy Renner. Just don't make it Robert Carlyle, we don't want another World is not Enough scenario.

Agree with everything you've said there Stav.

First the daughter, and now the son, talk about cheap tricks. I'm sad there isn't more Winstead for franchise, even though I hated the daughter character. I know the original was based on saving the wife and so they are trying to keep that family element, but I just don't think it works.

Die Hard 478: Awake! John McClane wakes up from a horrible dream where he wasn't allowed to say "fuck" more than once, but he didn't know why. He also remembers that he was forced to take a backseat to Justin Long in a counter-terrorist plan. He promptly says, "What the fucking shit was that?!", gets out of bed, gets dressed, lights a cigarette, leaves his apartment, walks down the street (hungover, of course) and proceeds to beat a purse-snatcher senseless with his shoe.

• 1 month later...

The official synopsis:

Since the first Die Hard in 1988, John McClane has found himself in the wrong place at the wrong time, with the skills and attitude to always be the last man standing, making him enemy #1 for terrorists the world over. Now, McClane faces his greatest challenge ever, this time on an international stage, when his estranged son Jack is caught up in the daring prison escape of a rogue Russian leader, and father and son McClane must work together to keep each other alive and keep the world safe for democracy.

SIgh... Remember when this series was about a normal guy in shitty situations, and barely made it out. Those were the days. Now apparently a normal cop can take down a fighter jet.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...