Episode 98

RSS

The Brainiac-obsessed Lex Luthor sends the Legion of Doom into space to find his robotic remains, only to unleash an even greater universal threat ("Alive!"). After the villains return to Earth to ask the Justice League for help, Darkseid and his forces storm the planet in one last attempt for domination ("Destroyer"). Then, 65 years in the future, Terry McGinnis learns the truth about his lineage and finally steps out of Bruce's shadow ("Epilogue"). And so ends the DCAU! [ 2:15:34 || 62.1 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.worldsfinestpodcast.com/episodes/wfp_098.mp3

Guest TFG1Mike

As far as the Wonder Woman TV series it's a David E. Kelley project McG is unconfirmed as being the pilot director. Supposedly NBC approached him about it though.

Can WE Get all the different themes within WFP 100 PLEASE!!????

Can WE Get all the different themes within WFP 100 PLEASE!!????

That would be cool. Each theme could introduce the discussions on different shows, just like how sound clips introduce each episode.

The kryptonite radiation thing is a result of Krypton's explosion. Emil Hamilton says that the minerals were fused by the exploding core.

Oh boy, I'm going to have to get clipping bloody fast....

Ian, really, you just need to clip from the retrospective episodes. It's a clip show made from clip shows!

Episode 100 isn't the problem - I've just remembered that I didn't clip the original Justice League series as they happened!! :shakehead:

Just a few thoughts on the episode.

Alive!

I wonder if the survival time is different being thrown into hyperspace than it is in regular space.

Destroyer

If Batman hadn't saved Luthor from falling then Luthor couldn't have gotten the anti-life equation and saved the universe. Well, ok, Metron could have stopped time mid-fall, but minor detail ;)

And as to where was Aztek? Well, bad news Mike... seems he met a guy named Ian on top of a pyramid...

Epilogue

What happened to the Batwoman? Don't you know? It's a mystery.

Also, on a more serious note, I wonder if the fact that both Terry and Matt have dark hair made Warren question if his wife had had an affair. Once might be coincidence, but twice might have made him wonder and that's what could have caused them to divorce.

Michael Ironside has the voice and even to some extent the face to play Darkseid in a live-action Superman film, but is only 5'10" and probably couldn't play the character unless he had a suit that made him taller and bulkier, not unlike the kind Robbie Coltrane (who's about the same height) wears in the Harry Potter films to become the 8'6" Hagrid. Darkseid shouldn't be that big, but should definitely be as tall as or taller than Superman.

Altering Michael Ironsid's height isn't a problem at all, not when digital effects can make Elijah Wood (5'6") look like a Hobbit (4' at most), and Rodrigo Santoro (6'1") look like the exaggerated Xerxes (7') in 300.

You said, though, you thought he could portray him without extensive CGI, hence why I suggested a suit that would make him bigger. Either would work, though.