Daredevil reboot

JackFetch

20th Century Fox has targeted David Slade to helm the studio's reboot of the Marvel property Daredevil. ComingSoon.net has confirmed that, while no deal is in place, Slade is very likely the man for the job.

Though previously adapted by the studio in a 2003 version starring Ben Affleck in the lead, this version of Daredevil will reboot the franchise and will not be connected to the previous Mark Steven Johnson film (or the 2005 spinoff, Elektra).

As reported just over a year ago, Fox needs to have a Dardevil film in production in order to keep the rights from reverting to Marvel Studios (now owned by Walt Disney Pictures).

Slade, who made his feature debut with 2005's Hard Candy, previously tackled a comic book adaptation with 2007's 30 Days of Night. Since that film, he's been in Vampire-mode, turning in last year's The Twilight Saga: Eclipse and was, last month connected to the "Dracula" tale, The Last Voyage of the Demeter.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=75294#ixzz1Gi6PfaHB

I bought the directors cut on bluray the other day (it was only $12). And I gotta say, totally changed the film. Didn't make it Batman Begins/Spiderman II quality, but I thought it was a lot more enjoyable movie. The problem is it's still with FOX, so they'll want to make a PG Daredevil still.

You know, I think it would be nice if Fox developed an animated series for Daredevil, to actually go in depth with the character and Matt Murdoch, and Daredevil and get the two sides of the personality.

Also, I love how Fox are only making the film to maintain the rights to the series.

But, maybe I'm wrong, and we'll get a good Daredevil film, and they will bring in Miller/Bendis/Brubaker or someone who knows the character to help with the creative process, and make a film that isn't just incredibly bland.

I was gonna make a joke asking whether scenes that cause the viewers to expect Daredevil and Bullseye to start making out would be true to the tone of the comics, but I'll forego it and just say: "A Twilight director is doing the Daredevil reboot? WHAT?"

He also directed fucking Hard Candy. The guy has chops. Try a little research before you post something so... yeah.

And Thirty Days of Night!

I tend to give the crew from the Twilight films a little more credit than most. After all, adapting that source material (and having to do so faithfully) can only let your movie get so good.

If I were a director with only two major films under my belt, and someone offered me the chance to direct a movie that would undoubtedly make hundreds of millions of dollars and get my name everywhere, I'd totally do it, even if it was a Twilight movie.

I tend to give the crew from the Twilight films a little more credit than most. After all, adapting that source material (and having to do so faithfully) can only let your movie get so good.

This is true. I watched New Moon the other day and when it was over I realized nothing happened the whole movie.

• 2 months later...
20th Century Fox is moving steadily forward with a reboot of Daredevil, set to be directed by David Slade (Hard Candy, 30 Days of Night, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse). Now, The Hollywood Reporter has word that the studio has brought aboard a scribe in the form of Brad Caleb Kane.

Kane, a relative newcomer, has served as a writer on the television series "Crash" and "Fringe", but is, bizarrely, also known for being the singing voice of the title character in Disney's 1992 animated film, Aladdin.

The article suggests that Kane will adapt Frank Miller and David Mazzucchelli's "Born Again" storyline, which ran in Daredevil #227-233 in 1986. The storyline involves an intense personal attack on Matt Murdock's friends and family following Wilson Fisk (aka The Kingpin) learning his true identity.

Kane is said to be a tremendous fan of the character.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/167509-brad-caleb-kane-to-draft-daredevil

A whole new world indeed.

I'm interested. The director's cut is a good film, among the higher end of Marvel's stuff, so I wouldn't have been opposed to a continuation of that run. But considering we're talking some considerably older actors, it's a good idea to move on.

I want to see who they get for Fisk.

20th Century Fox is moving steadily forward with a reboot of Daredevil, set to be directed by David Slade (Hard Candy, 30 Days of Night, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse). Now, The Hollywood Reporter has word that the studio has brought aboard a scribe in the form of Brad Caleb Kane.

Kane, a relative newcomer, has served as a writer on the television series "Crash" and "Fringe", but is, bizarrely, also known for being the singing voice of the title character in Disney's 1992 animated film, Aladdin.

The article suggests that Kane will adapt Frank Miller and David Mazzucchelli's "Born Again" storyline, which ran in Daredevil #227-233 in 1986. The storyline involves an intense personal attack on Matt Murdock's friends and family following Wilson Fisk (aka The Kingpin) learning his true identity.

Kane is said to be a tremendous fan of the character.

AbandonThread.gif

I always thought Damon would have been a miles better Murdock than Affleck.

Well, he's a better actor.

Yeah. My cat's a better actor. Just talking appearance wise.